Listing institutions on application

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
musiclover123

New

Listing institutions on application

Postby musiclover123 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:10 pm

For the component of the applications where we need to list all institutions attended, do I need to list my study abroad program? It technically was not affiliated with my UG, but my UG sponsored the program and all of the courses appear on my transcript. It was not as if I studied at the University of [insert city of foreign country], it was more of a program for international students to study abroad. Thanks!

cavalier1138

Gold

Re: Listing institutions on application

Postby cavalier1138 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:15 pm

I would list it, especially if the program wasn't directly accredited through your school. Why would you not want to?

floatie

Silver

Postby floatie » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:31 pm

I don't know about you, but all of my institutions were automatically filled in for me on all LSAC apps, I'm guessing from the list of transcripts I had sent in. If you took courses at your study abroad institution, you should have a transcript for it, and it should be on your list. If not, I would still add it just in case.

musiclover123

New

Postby musiclover123 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:58 pm

thanks for the advice! Just to clarify, I did not attend a school like the University Florence [didn't actually go to Florence, but for argument's sake...]
I attended a CEA type program that my school sponsored. So it was a US based program not actually affiliated with a university. The grades from that program appear on my UG's transcript [I did not need to send a separate transcript]. The program does not come up when I search it, so is it absolutely necessary I list it?

edited: so the school does not come up when I put in the foreign country I studied in, but pops up when I put in the American city the program is based out of

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�