LoR from a peer?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
carlos_danger

Bronze

LoR from a peer?

Postby carlos_danger » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:30 pm

One of my top choices likes LoRs from alumni. I don't know any alums of this school, besides a friend of mine. That would be crazy to use a friend as an LoR, right? Ordinarily the answer is obviously "don't do it," but asking here bc this school explicitly states the preference for alum LoR.

cavalier1138

Platinum

Re: LoR from a peer?

Postby cavalier1138 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:01 pm

No.

And I highly doubt it has that much of an impact on your application. I have no idea how any admissions department would reasonably expect most applicants to get their hands on a letter from an alumnus/a. Do they think everyone applying will have happened to work under one of their graduates?

carlos_danger

Bronze

Postby carlos_danger » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:20 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:No.

And I highly doubt it has that much of an impact on your application. I have no idea how any admissions department would reasonably expect most applicants to get their hands on a letter from an alumnus/a. Do they think everyone applying will have happened to work under one of their graduates?

Idk. SLS is my dream school and I was trying to think of any way to get an edge.

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:37 pm

where does SLS say they like alumni? I'm pretty sure they just want recommendations that tell why you're a good match for Stanford. my professor wrote about my interests in academia, for example.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�