Additional Transcripts

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
KDavis95

New

Additional Transcripts

Postby KDavis95 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:55 pm

Hey guys :) So I am in the process of applying to Law Schools. I'm waiting for my LSAT and then I should be good to go. However, there is one thing I'm not sure about. Right now I have a 3.78 gpa at a top public school. Unfortunately, when I was 14 years old, my mom forced me to do a summer college now course that I didn't really like. I never intended to go to law school at 14 obviously and didn't understand that I was getting a grade and credits for it (it was a theater program). Anyway, I got a B+ and I already have 2 B+ and 2 B- from my freshman year in college. I hate B's and I don't think it's fair that I have to include this. Does anyone know for sure whether I absolutely have to get a transcript for this one grade from 6 years ago that has absolutely nothing to do with anything? :roll:

BobBoblaw

Bronze

Re: Additional Transcripts

Postby BobBoblaw » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:28 am

Yes, you absolutely have to, LSAC is very clear on this point. Really, a couple of Bs are not going to bring your GPA down much if at all given that you must have another 120 credit hours or so. If they were C's or D's it might be worth writing an addendum if those were the only courses that dragged your GPA down below ~3.5, but if they are just a couple Bs it's probably not even worth drawing attention to, they probably won't drag your GPA down by more than a few hundredths. If you feel it is really, really necessary, a GPA addendum is a possibility, but again, unless it has a big impact on your LSAC GPA I would just as well omit it.

Disclaimer: I did have about 2 years of community college credits, taken in high school, which freshen my GPA down by ~0.30, and was advised to write a GPA addendum.

KDavis95

New

Re: Additional Transcripts

Postby KDavis95 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:23 pm

Yep, I just sent it in. My gpa when down .01, but I just got my fall semester grades (4.0), so I'll be updating it and my GPA will be going back up again anyway. Thanks for the advice!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�