Harvard Application Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Harvard Application

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:34 pm

So reading through the general information portion of the Harvard application, it states if you are a returning applicant, you must submit an entirely new application, including all the biographical information and personal statement.

Does that mean if you apply say this cycle and get WL or rejected, but then retake LSAT and apply early next cycle, you have to write an entirely new PS for the application, or simply that you must resubmit everything separately the next time you apply?

I have checked a number of other T14 apps, and couldn't find a similar statement on any of them. Anyone know the answer, or would I be better off emailing the admissions office?

If I have to rewrite, I'd be far less likely to send a hail-mary at them, since I think I've got a really good PS and wouldn't want to 'waste' it on an unlikely numbers chance.

winterorange

New

Re: Harvard Application

Post by winterorange » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:40 pm

It just means you have to resubmit everything. I reapplied with essentially the same PS and it wasn't a problem.

ArtistOfManliness

Silver

Post by ArtistOfManliness » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:41 pm

winterorange wrote:It just means you have to resubmit everything. I reapplied with essentially the same PS and it wasn't a problem.
hahaha they don't make you re-format your resume either

appind

Gold

Post by appind » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:14 pm

ArtistOfManliness wrote:
winterorange wrote:It just means you have to resubmit everything. I reapplied with essentially the same PS and it wasn't a problem.
hahaha they don't make you re-format your resume either
can you explain, does it mean that the old application and resume will be revived and submitted without changes?

I thought you needed to at least change the PS.

winterorange

New

Post by winterorange » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:08 am

appind wrote:can you explain, does it mean that the old application and resume will be revived and submitted without changes?
It just means you can resubmit the same PS and resume if you want to. It won't automatically be loaded into the application.
appind wrote:I thought you needed to at least change the PS.
Again, I reapplied with essentially the same PS (I added one phrase about what I'd been doing in the intermittent year) and it wasn't a problem.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”