Just cancelled LSAT for 2nd time

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
KillaKam92

New

Just cancelled LSAT for 2nd time

Postby KillaKam92 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:28 pm

So I just cancelled the LSAT for a 2nd time, completely bombed games. Really worried cuz I already have 2 absences on my record. will this be a deal breaker for me? Not even sure how to explain this to law schools

Im a URM AA male with a 3.1/163 if that helps

I'm just devastating right now not sure what I should do. Just hit my limit of 3 takes in 2 years too

ManoftheHour

Gold

Re: Just cancelled LSAT for 2nd time

Postby ManoftheHour » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:54 pm

I don't think schools care. I took 4 times. It did not affect my cycle. I got the expected results.

How long until you can take a 4th time? I canceled one of my takes after ALSO bombing the LG section. I studied a year for that retake so I felt really shitty after that. I got my best score on the 4th take and never looked back. If I were you, I would probably apply to schools while studying for the LSAT again. Weigh your options at the end.

KillaKam92

New

Postby KillaKam92 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:33 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:I don't think schools care. I took 4 times. It did not affect my cycle. I got the expected results.

How long until you can take a 4th time? I canceled one of my takes after ALSO bombing the LG section. I studied a year for that retake so I felt really shitty after that. I got my best score on the 4th take and never looked back. If I were you, I would probably apply to schools while studying for the LSAT again. Weigh your options at the end.

I took OCT. 15 FEB 16 and DEC 16 so im assuming next year? not really sure tho

ManoftheHour

Gold

Postby ManoftheHour » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:16 pm

KillaKam92 wrote:I took OCT. 15 FEB 16 and DEC 16 so im assuming next year? not really sure tho

I forgot the exact rule, but yeah, I think your next take would have to be Oct '17 or Dec '17. That's a long time. If I were you, I would probably apply this cycle anyway. But I still would not take a deal you do not want. If none of the options seem suitable, then it might be best to sit out and retake.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�