Choosing one more school

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
notnecessarilyproper

New

Choosing one more school

Postby notnecessarilyproper » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:11 pm

Question resolved, thanks!
Last edited by notnecessarilyproper on Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lawschool305

Bronze

Re: Choosing one more school

Postby Lawschool305 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:15 pm

Which region do you want to practice in? If you will only add one of those four, pick the one in the city you could see yourself working in.

cavalier1138

Gold

Postby cavalier1138 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:15 pm

I have no idea why you totally skipped over CCN, but they should all be added. You have a solid shot at full scholarship at all three.

Clemenceau

Silver

Postby Clemenceau » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:17 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:I have no idea why you totally skipped over CCN, but they should all be added. You have a solid shot at full scholarship at all three.

Lawschool305

Bronze

Postby Lawschool305 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:27 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:I have no idea why you totally skipped over CCN, but they should all be added. You have a solid shot at full scholarship at all three.

I also echo cavalier's statement, even after saying my first one. If you have the money (your return on investment will be incredible so find the money), than you should definitely apply to all 3 of CCN.

poptart123

Silver

Postby poptart123 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:29 pm

this

blackmamba8

Bronze

Postby blackmamba8 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:58 pm

BigZuck

Diamond

Postby BigZuck » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:01 pm

Don't waste time with the state schools. If those are the only two you get into then something went horribly wrong and/or you should never go to law school.

BigZuck

Diamond

Postby BigZuck » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:02 pm

Applying to Penn and not CCN is A+ CCNP trolling though, I must admit

addie1412

Silver

Postby addie1412 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:07 pm

Did you not get fee waivers from the additional schools you listed? You should find some way to scrounge up $30 x 4 schools

curry1

Silver

Postby curry1 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:10 pm

notnecessarilyproper wrote:I was wondering whether it would be wise, from a financial standpoint, to choose one or two more schools. My main interests are constitutional law and health law. LSAT is 174; 3.9<GPA<4.0. Right now, I'm considering whether to add NYU, Columbia, UChicago, or Berkeley.
I have already applied to 9 school: HYS, Penn, UVA, Duke, Vandy, and 2 of my state schools.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!

no offense, but it's hard to take this post seriously. Someone with HYS-level stats should know that almost no one really gets to work on "constitutional law." There simply isn't enough work to go around. Even SCOTUS clerks working in strong DC appellate practices have to do work outside of the con law realm. If you're thinking about pursuing constitutional law in academia, that's a very difficult path from any school, even Yale. If this is a serious post, you should absolutely apply to Columbia, Chicago and NYU, you might even get a full ride at one of them. I wouldn't bother applying to berkeley

carlos_danger

Bronze

Postby carlos_danger » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:30 pm

curry1 wrote:
notnecessarilyproper wrote:I was wondering whether it would be wise, from a financial standpoint, to choose one or two more schools. My main interests are constitutional law and health law. LSAT is 174; 3.9<GPA<4.0. Right now, I'm considering whether to add NYU, Columbia, UChicago, or Berkeley.
I have already applied to 9 school: HYS, Penn, UVA, Duke, Vandy, and 2 of my state schools.

no offense, but it's hard to take this post seriously. Someone with HYS-level stats should know that almost no one really gets to work on "constitutional law." There simply isn't enough work to go around. Even SCOTUS clerks working in strong DC appellate practices have to do work outside of the con law realm. If you're thinking about pursuing constitutional law in academia, that's a very difficult path from any school, even Yale. If this is a serious post, you should absolutely apply to Columbia, Chicago and NYU, you might even get a full ride at one of them. I wouldn't bother applying to berkeley

Not OP here, but similar stats. Why not Berkeley?

curry1

Silver

Postby curry1 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:34 pm

carlos_danger wrote:
curry1 wrote:

Berkeley simply does not have the financial resources to beat offers from other schools (including CCN). Columbia and Chicago in particular have much better placement than Berkeley and OP can very confidently expect half tuition >= offers from those schools. Thus, there's no benefit to him applying to Berkeley, barring unusual circumstances (family who live in the surrounding area that could lower COL or an SO who absolutely has to be in the bay area.)

notnecessarilyproper

New

Postby notnecessarilyproper » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:29 pm

curry1 wrote:
carlos_danger wrote:
curry1 wrote:

Berkeley simply does not have the financial resources to beat offers from other schools (including CCN). Columbia and Chicago in particular have much better placement than Berkeley and OP can very confidently expect half tuition >= offers from those schools. Thus, there's no benefit to him applying to Berkeley, barring unusual circumstances (family who live in the surrounding area that could lower COL or an SO who absolutely has to be in the bay area.)

Thank you so much for your help!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�