deadline logistics question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Blue664

New

deadline logistics question

Postby Blue664 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:35 am

Does anyone know whether deadlines refer to the date I hit "submit" on LSAC's website or the date that the school receives everything? Or are those the same thing? I thought I saw something on LSAC's website about how they send the CAS reports in batches on a weekly basis or something that didn't quite sound instantaneous.

I'm applying ED and the deadline is 12/1. I'm waiting on one LOR and the prof knows the deadline is 12/1, but I'm wondering if it's going to end up being a problem if they literally submit the letter on 12/1. I'm going to call my ED school in the morning and ask but thought I'd pose the question here on TLS....

Thanks!

Blue664

New

Re: deadline logistics question

Postby Blue664 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:24 pm

Well, in case anyone else is wondering, I called Chicago and they said that ideally everything would be submitted prior to the actual deadline, including LORs, because of processing delays in when they get stuff from LSAC. I tried to ask for more details but they didn't give any more specific guidance.

Let my recommender know but this is just stressful finding out that the published deadline isn't really the deadline.

lymenheimer

Gold

Re: deadline logistics question

Postby lymenheimer » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:16 pm

I'm not sure how you take that as "the deadline is before the deadline" rather than "it's best if you hedge your bet and get it in early because processing will likely take more than a day"

On another note, that sounds very much like a proper deadline.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�