Will schools have begun reviewing my app before last LOR gets in?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
addie1412

Silver

Will schools have begun reviewing my app before last LOR gets in?

Postby addie1412 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:15 pm

I applied to 10 schools between Thursday and today. My final LOR writer has promised to submit the letter by Wednesday of this week. Will schools have begun looking at my application in the few days between going complete and the LOR being submitted?

cavalier1138

Gold

Re: Will schools have begun reviewing my app before last LOR gets in?

Postby cavalier1138 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:09 pm

If the application is considered complete, then schools may have started reviewing it already. But very few of them are so quick that they will have finished reviewing within 3 days.

Baby Gaga

Bronze

Postby Baby Gaga » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:03 pm

It also depends on the school. A lot of schools don't mark your application as complete until all the required LoRs are in. That happened to me and UVA sent me an email telling me that they would mark me complete as soon as my recs were in.

addie1412

Silver

Postby addie1412 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:12 pm

Baby Gaga wrote:It also depends on the school. A lot of schools don't mark your application as complete until all the required LoRs are in. That happened to me and UVA sent me an email telling me that they would mark me complete as soon as my recs were in.

I have the required 2 LORs in already, waiting on my third (and best :? )

I figured I'd definitely be waiting for a while for a decision at most schools so there wouldn't be any harm in getting my apps queued up. Hoping there's no way any decisions will be made before my best letter is in..

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�