Quick Bar C&F Question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
TheloniousMonk12345

New

Quick Bar C&F Question

Postby TheloniousMonk12345 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:16 pm

When you apply to the bar, do you submit your law school application for the law school you attended and graduated from or do you submit your law school applications to every school that you applied to?

Basically, I applied to one safety school that I am not planning on attending early this cycle because they gave me a fee waiver. I am now planning on applying to the rest of the schools on my list. However, I noticed that I made a small error on my application to the safety school. On my resume for that application, I listed one summer internship as having an end date of August, when it actually ended in July. I have corrected this error for all future applications.

However, I want to know if it is worth it to contact my safety school and inform them of this error. I do not want my state bar to question an error in employment dates. When I apply to the bar, will they see my application to this school if I do not ever attend law school there?

Thank you all. I hope my question makes sense.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Re: Quick Bar C&F Question

Postby rinkrat19 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:19 pm

I've never heard of a state bar requiring you to actually submit your law school apps. If the state bar checks into your apps themselves, that's their discretion.

I'd email the admissions office at your safety school and just tell them you had a slight error in your app, and that August should be July. They'll put a note in your file and nobody will ever have to think about it again.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�