Listing Dean's List Qualifications

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
JGPGH

New

Listing Dean's List Qualifications

Postby JGPGH » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:11 pm

I am currently filling out applications and in the Education section of each application there is a place where you can "List the academic honors and awards, or other recognitions you have received."

Is it worth it to put each semester that you have made the Dean's List here? Seems like a pretty small part of the application, and I'm not really sure if listing Dean's List will help or not.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

poptart123

Silver

Re: Listing Dean's List Qualifications

Postby poptart123 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:14 pm

If you have room, why not? It can't hurt.

caitlinrw

Bronze

Postby caitlinrw » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:16 pm

JGPGH wrote:I am currently filling out applications and in the Education section of each application there is a place where you can "List the academic honors and awards, or other recognitions you have received."

Is it worth it to put each semester that you have made the Dean's List here? Seems like a pretty small part of the application, and I'm not really sure if listing Dean's List will help or not.

I did and it didn't seem to hurt lol

Bob loblaw law blog

Bronze

Postby Bob loblaw law blog » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:17 pm

JGPGH wrote:I am currently filling out applications and in the Education section of each application there is a place where you can "List the academic honors and awards, or other recognitions you have received."

I did, my school has 2 versions of Dean's list so I listed the requirements for each each time I entered it (I think there's kinda a place to do that if I remember right). Something like "semester GPA above or equal to 3.x"

JGPGH

New

Postby JGPGH » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:23 pm

caitlinrw wrote:

I did and it didn't seem to hurt lol

Yeah I figured it couldn't hurt, I just didn't want to seem like I was trying too hard or putting something irrelevant in haha

Bob loblaw law blog wrote:

I did, my school has 2 versions of Dean's list so I listed the requirements for each each time I entered it (I think there's kinda a place to do that if I remember right). Something like "semester GPA above or equal to 3.x"

Yeah there is a place to enter it, but they only allot you so much space for the description which is annoying. I'll probably just end up saying something like you did.

Thanks guys!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�