2 LSAT absences; am I screwed?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
dandeeo

New

2 LSAT absences; am I screwed?

Postby dandeeo » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:56 pm

I registered to take the October and January LSATs in 2015 and no-showed for both of them because I decided to take some time off to work. I stupidly did not look up whether absences show on transcripts and did not cancel my scores so now I have these absences attached to my profile. I'm planning on writing addenda to explain the absences (though I'm at a loss of what I could say that could paint my lack of due-diligence in a good light).

How badly will this reflect on my application?

toobig2lose

New

Re: 2 LSAT absences; am I screwed?

Postby toobig2lose » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:20 pm

Write the addendum. And don't worry about it. You really can't do anything so, just chill and do your best on the LSAT.

judill

New

Postby judill » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:54 pm

dandeeo wrote:I registered to take the October and January LSATs in 2015 and no-showed for both of them because I decided to take some time off to work. I stupidly did not look up whether absences show on transcripts and did not cancel my scores so now I have these absences attached to my profile. I'm planning on writing addenda to explain the absences (though I'm at a loss of what I could say that could paint my lack of due-diligence in a good light).

If you knew you couldn't make the LSAT, why not cancel the registration and pay the fee to do so? Even if this wasn't an option and you did, in fact, have last minute dire commitments that precluded your taking of the LSAT, why wouldn't you contact LSAC about them immediately? You took a seat at each of these test centers and then didn't bother to show up both times. It honestly comes across as extremely disrespectful and indicates that the LSAT wasn't your top priority which, for an aspiring law student, it absolutely should be. I can't imagine that adcoms will look kindly on this.

If you're planning on writing an addendum, I'd somehow try to answer these questions and address these concerns.

UnicornHunter

Diamond

Postby UnicornHunter » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:00 pm

judill wrote:
dandeeo wrote:I registered to take the October and January LSATs in 2015 and no-showed for both of them because I decided to take some time off to work. I stupidly did not look up whether absences show on transcripts and did not cancel my scores so now I have these absences attached to my profile. I'm planning on writing addenda to explain the absences (though I'm at a loss of what I could say that could paint my lack of due-diligence in a good light).

If you knew you couldn't make the LSAT, why not cancel the registration and pay the fee to do so? Even if this wasn't an option and you did, in fact, have last minute dire commitments that precluded your taking of the LSAT, why wouldn't you contact LSAC about them immediately? You took a seat at each of these test centers and then didn't bother to show up both times. It honestly comes across as extremely disrespectful and indicates that the LSAT wasn't your top priority which, for an aspiring law student, it absolutely should be. I can't imagine that adcoms will look kindly on this.

If you're planning on writing an addendum, I'd somehow try to answer these questions and address these concerns.

Don't listen to any of this. Nobody will care.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:16 pm

UnicornHunter wrote:
judill wrote:

Don't listen to any of this. Nobody will care.

Yeah, seriously. No one is going to care at all.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�