Should I stay another year in Undergrad?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Should I stay another year in Undergrad?

Postby soonlaw! » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:55 pm

Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum.

I'm currently a senior at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities studying Economics and Math(GPA suppressor) with a computer sci minor. (3.37) Basically, I was planning on applying to law school right after senior year. The thing is, I still have to stay another semester in order to finish some of my upper division Comp sci classes. I was thinking about dropping the minor and applying to law school this fall. I recently scored a 168 on the LSAT (second time First time score was last year at 162) but I honestly think I can improve it. I'd like to stay for an extra semester so I can at least get my GPA up to a 3.5 to graduate with honors. (assuming I continue my getting nothing lower than an A-.

Basically, is it worth it? Or should I just apply and see what happens. Ideally, I'd like to get into Berkeley or NYU, but I would need at least a 172-173 for those schools.

Re: Should I stay another year in Undergrad?

Postby cavalier1138 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:44 pm

It's not entirely clear from your post, but it depends on when you are officially granted your degree. If you get your degree and then have to stay a semester, those grades won't count towards your LSAC GPA. But getting your GPA up is a good idea, so just make sure all your classes are being completed before you officially get your degree.

Re: Should I stay another year in Undergrad?

Postby toobig2lose » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:02 pm

I personally wouldn't. But, a 3.5 looks better than a 3.35, so it's your choice. Your LSAT is pretty top notch so don't sweat it too much.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”