LOR timing

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
trqdor

New

LOR timing

Postby trqdor » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:26 pm

Planning on submitting three LORs. I received 2/3, and I'm hoping to apply to my ED school by the end of this week. However, my last recommender indicated that mid to late November is probably more likely.

If I submit before the last LOR comes in, does that mean that my last LOR will not be included in the application, or is there a way to add the last letter to my application retroactively?

Rubbishdump

Bronze

Re: LOR timing

Postby Rubbishdump » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:29 am

trqdor wrote:Planning on submitting three LORs. I received 2/3, and I'm hoping to apply to my ED school by the end of this week. However, my last recommender indicated that mid to late November is probably more likely.

If I submit before the last LOR comes in, does that mean that my last LOR will not be included in the application, or is there a way to add the last letter to my application retroactively?

How many are required? If you only need two and your third won't add anything new then don't worry about it.

galeatus

Silver

Re: LOR timing

Postby galeatus » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:33 am

trqdor wrote:Planning on submitting three LORs. I received 2/3, and I'm hoping to apply to my ED school by the end of this week. However, my last recommender indicated that mid to late November is probably more likely.

Some schools offer the option to hold your application until they receive all your LORs, where they give you a field on the LSAC application where you either fill in the names of all your recommenders so they wait until they have every single one of your LORs, or put in the name of the recommender that you want them to hold your app for.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�