Do I apply to NYU or wait for LSAT retake?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
LLLLLL

New

Do I apply to NYU or wait for LSAT retake?

Postby LLLLLL » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:24 pm

Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum so I apologize if I break any etiquette.

I just got my September LSAT back and it was a 169. My average practice was 173 so I've decided to retake it in December.

My dilemma arises when deciding which schools to apply to before the retake. I have a 3.8 GPA and top notch softs. I've applied to lower schools like Cornell, G-Town, Duke etc. in the hopes of not missing scholarship money that could be given out in an early app cycle. I'm wondering if you think I should apply to a school like NYU with my current score or if I should wait until the retake. I'm just worried I might miss some potential scholarship money. I'm obviously waiting to apply to schools like Harvard, Columbia etc. but I'm wondering where to draw the line on waiting v. applying now.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Rigo

Diamond

Re: Do I apply to NYU or wait for LSAT retake?

Postby Rigo » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:27 pm

If your apps are ready to go, apply to NYU on down. You'll most likely be held anyways but at least they'll be processed before you get your score back.

If they're not all ready to go, just focus on studying this final month and submit them while you wait for grey day.

wygsys

New

Postby wygsys » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:00 am

Just submit your application right now. Once you register for the December LSAT, the schools will be notified by LSAC immediately. They will then hold the review process (unless they think a decision could be made without considering your December score). Once your December score is available in January, they will resume review soon. It will save some time for you.

toobig2lose

New

Postby toobig2lose » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:22 pm

Submit your application now.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�