Question about law school applications

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
irving80

New

Question about law school applications

Postby irving80 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:20 pm

Hey everyone,

I have a quick question regarding the applications on some law schools. Some schools (WUSTL and NU, for example) ask about "Special Interests" or "Academic Interests" in their applications and they give you a checklist of types of law you're interested in. Do you have to do research and select which programs are actually existing for each school? Or are they genuinely curious about your interests regardless if they exist or not.. Not sure if I'm being too paranoid with this whole application process lol

Northwestern also asks you about your career interests and wants to know your career and long-term goals. Is this a Why X mini-essay in disguise? I wrote about my career goals in the conclusion of my PS, and I also hope that it doesn't make me sound redundant now that they're asking for it again here.

Other schools also ask how you found out about the law school, if you attended their event at an LSAC forum, etc. What's the purpose of this question and would it hurt my chances since I didn't attend one?

Thanks for all your help guys!

cavalier1138

Gold

Re: Question about law school applications

Postby cavalier1138 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:38 pm

Those sections are for them to send you focused publicity materials if you're accepted. They have absolutely no impact on your application.

If the school is actually asking for you to tell them about your career goals, just give a brief statement. Doesn't matter if it's repeating your personal statement, as long as it isn't a straight-up copy/paste.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�