Should I get a LOR from a Physics Professor?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
cocozhang9950

New

Should I get a LOR from a Physics Professor?

Postby cocozhang9950 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:42 am

I double major in Physics and International Studies (IS), and I already have two LORs from two IS professors. Should I get a LOR from a Physics professor as supplement?

Thanks.

andthebadseeds

New

Re: Should I get a LOR from a Physics Professor?

Postby andthebadseeds » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:49 am

cocozhang9950 wrote:I double major in Physics and International Studies (IS), and I already have two LORs from two IS professors. Should I get a LOR from a Physics professor as supplement?

Thanks.

Fellow Physics/International relations-ish double major here. (We've got to stick together, not many of us around) I'm not getting a letter from a physics prof- They are used to writing a certain kind of letter that is quite different from the ones law schools feel best speaks to an applicants aptitude in the kind of things they'll do in law school. At least at my school, STEM letters are often pretty impersonal too. I recently heard from a top law school dean that they tend to prefer non-science LORs, for what that's worth.

cocozhang9950

New

Re: Should I get a LOR from a Physics Professor?

Postby cocozhang9950 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:02 pm

andthebadseeds wrote:
cocozhang9950 wrote:I double major in Physics and International Studies (IS), and I already have two LORs from two IS professors. Should I get a LOR from a Physics professor as supplement?

Thanks.

Fellow Physics/International relations-ish double major here. (We've got to stick together, not many of us around) I'm not getting a letter from a physics prof- They are used to writing a certain kind of letter that is quite different from the ones law schools feel best speaks to an applicants aptitude in the kind of things they'll do in law school. At least at my school, STEM letters are often pretty impersonal too. I recently heard from a top law school dean that they tend to prefer non-science LORs, for what that's worth.

Wow, yeah! Not many of us around. Glad to meet you :D

Thanks for your advise. Then 2 LOR from IS professors should be enough.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�