Senior Transcript Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Fantasyfreak294

New

Senior Transcript

Post by Fantasyfreak294 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:53 pm

Is it standard procedure to send law schools an updated transcript when senior first semester grades come out? (For someone who applied pretty early in cycle).

Can I just not send it, unless asked? How often do schools ask for that, if ever?

If I don't send mine to schools I've applied to, does that look like I'm hiding something?

Basically I've found nothing on this issue online, on law school websites, or from anyone I've talked to. I might just be terrible at trying to find information. Either way, please help me out.

ArtistOfManliness

Silver

Re: Senior Transcript

Post by ArtistOfManliness » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:40 pm

Dunno the answer to any of your other questions, but I would send it when you get it.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:08 pm

Do you expect your GPA to fall and you don't want to advertise that before decisions or something?

kneetap

New

Post by kneetap » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:33 pm

also trying to find info on this. My GPA may suffer by like .1. Probably getting more B's than A's and am worried

Ferrisjso

Gold

Post by Ferrisjso » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:52 pm

Yeah, I'm curious about this also. Is that something that people just do, or is it not necessary?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

goldenbear2020

Silver

Post by goldenbear2020 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:58 pm

Law schools only have to report the last known LSAC GPA, not necessarily a GPA from the final transcript. For example, UVA has been known to suggest to applicants that they not update if an accepted student's GPA dropped in spring semester.

No idea how it looks to law school though.

Fantasyfreak294

New

Post by Fantasyfreak294 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:55 pm

Rigo wrote:Do you expect your GPA to fall and you don't want to advertise that before decisions or something?
That was what I originally thought- but I talked to my professors, and my grades won't be dropping (thank goodness).

I ended up emailing the admissions offices of the achoola I'm applying to, and here's the answer for anyone wondering: it apparently depends. About half of the schools I emailed said to send it in. The other half said not to.

Fantasyfreak294

New

Post by Fantasyfreak294 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:59 pm

kneetap wrote:also trying to find info on this. My GPA may suffer by like .1. Probably getting more B's than A's and am worried
What schools are you applying to? Message me, and I could write out which schools said to do what regarding transcripts (if we have any overlap for the schools we're applying to).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”