Does any of these warrant an addendum?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
plusultra

New

Does any of these warrant an addendum?

Postby plusultra » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:03 am

Hope your applications are going well or, if you are done already, hope you are not experiencing nervous breakdown!

Starting to finalize my applications (applying to T14s). I am wondering whether any of these would warrant an addendum:

1. 2 Ws (withdrawals) in my undergraduate transcript: I realized I had too much on my plate, so had to drop those before it was too late;
2. 1 NP and 1 W for an online community college class that I took AFTER earning my bachelor's: The class was about a computer software so it wasn't particularly challenging - I was notified about a coworker's absence literally a few hours before the final was due and was forced to cover for him the first time I took it, and had to withdraw for a similar reason the second time around;
3. C+ from a genetics class that I took while I was an undergraduate: This class was quite demanding as far as my understanding goes - don't know if it's common, but there were a number of graduate students taking the class as well; and
4. B- from a business law class, again during undergraduate years: Severe sickness.

I already have an addendum for a gap between LSAT scores. I think having two addenda is sufficient for most applications; I don't think all 4 need to be explained (particularly the first one - I am fairly sure I'm not the first applicant with 1 or 2 W on his or her transcript), but would like to hear your opinions.

Any thoughts?

cavalier1138

Gold

Re: Does any of these warrant an addendum?

Postby cavalier1138 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:02 am

No, none of those things require an addendum, including the gap between your LSAT scores.

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:25 am

No.

Pneumonia

Gold

Postby Pneumonia » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:33 am

None of these needs an explanation, but for goodness' sake—if you're going to submit an addendum, only submit one. Even if you wanted to explain all of these—which you shouldn't and don't need to—you could easily fit it all into one half of a (single) page.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum?