C&F Failure to Maintain Financial Responsibility Question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
cnc93

New

C&F Failure to Maintain Financial Responsibility Question

Postby cnc93 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:10 pm

I'm applying only to Texas schools and continue to trip up on this question. Some of the C&F sections say I don't have to include minor traffic violations. I researched and came across this list of minor traffic violations from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice, which includes failure to maintain financial responsibility: https://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/divisions/ ... pd-27a.pdf. So, I thought that got me out of the woods. But I came across an app that uses minor traffic violations and Class C misdemeanors interchangeably. Incredibly confusing. Failure to maintain financial responsibility is a Class B misdemeanor in Texas, so I'm assuming I'd have to report my citation on that application. I worked with a lawyer when the incident occurred a couple years ago but have since lost her contact information, so I can't consult her. I'm conflicted because I feel like if I include it on one app, I should include it on all of them.

Oh, and I have also been told this has been dismissed from my driving record.

Any advice? Thanks in advance!

cavalier1138

Gold

Re: C&F Failure to Maintain Financial Responsibility Question

Postby cavalier1138 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:23 pm

When in doubt, disclose.

I instinctively wouldn't classify driving without insurance as a minor traffic violation, and the worst case scenario is that the admissions officer reading your app says, "Hmm, that was just a minor violation."

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�