Is NU ED justified in my situation? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
oliviaj_j

New

Is NU ED justified in my situation?

Post by oliviaj_j » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:16 pm

Hi, I am currently thinking of EDing NU, and I need your help in deciding this!!

Breakdown
- 174 & above average (GPA)
- Weak softs & KJD
- Goal : Biglaw (because of my visa issue), no regional preference

I analyzed that HYS is out with my GPA, and with CCN, I would definitely have to pay sticker. Also, I thought with my numbers, I would not be able to get any significant money in other T14s, especially considering that I am an international applicant. If this helps, I got an admission from WUSTL with a full ride and a little bit of stipend in September.
Before I submit my ED application, I want a last-minute input on this matter whether it's for my decision or against it, so any thoughts on this issue would be hugely appreciated. Is my analysis sound and NU ED would be justified in my situation? If there is a significant difference in chances to land biglaw between CCN and NU, I want to think twice before I throw my app because my parents will lend me the money for 3 years, and I will only have to pay back the amounts of tuition with no interests when I get a job. Thanks in advance!

Gold

Re: Is NU ED justified in my situation?

Post by 20170322 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:25 pm

oliviaj_j wrote:Hi, I am currently thinking of EDing NU, and I need your help in deciding this!!

Breakdown
- 174 & above average (GPA)
- Weak softs & KJD
- Goal : Biglaw (because of my visa issue), no regional preference

I analyzed that HYS is out with my GPA, and with CCN, I would definitely have to pay sticker. Also, I thought with my numbers, I would not be able to get any significant money in other T14s, especially considering that I am an international applicant. If this helps, I got an admission from WUSTL with a full ride and a little bit of stipend in September.
Before I submit my ED application, I want a last-minute input on this matter whether it's for my decision or against it, so any thoughts on this issue would be hugely appreciated. Is my analysis sound and NU ED would be justified in my situation? If there is a significant difference in chances to land biglaw between CCN and NU, I want to think twice before I throw my app because my parents will lend me the money for 3 years, and I will only have to pay back the amounts of tuition with no interests when I get a job. Thanks in advance!
Sounds like a great idea.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”