Question about reporting major on LSAC

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
hj999

New

Question about reporting major on LSAC

Postby hj999 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:49 pm

If my exact major is not listed on LSAC, would it be appropriate to choose the closest one that approximates it? For example, Environmental Studies (not my major) instead of Environmental Conservation Studies? Or is it wise to choose "other?"

Fwiw, the exact major is probably on the transcripts sent to LSAC and defintely on my resume.

Blueprint Mithun

Bronze

Re: Question about reporting major on LSAC

Postby Blueprint Mithun » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:48 pm

hj999 wrote:If my exact major is not listed on LSAC, would it be appropriate to choose the closest one that approximates it? For example, Environmental Studies (not my major) instead of Environmental Conservation Studies? Or is it wise to choose "other?"

Fwiw, the exact major is probably on the transcripts sent to LSAC and defintely on my resume.

That should be fine. Since it appears on your transcripts, the facts are out there for them to see. I don't think anyone's going to get hung up on a minor difference like that.

Mr. Archer

Bronze

Re: Question about reporting major on LSAC

Postby Mr. Archer » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:53 pm

I chose the closet description to my major when I did my LSAC info a few years ago. The schools get your transcripts reflecting the real title.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�