1 Semester Grad School Transcripts

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
kpadoreo

New

1 Semester Grad School Transcripts

Postby kpadoreo » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:10 am

Hey all,

I am applying to law schools for next year, but I have a question about transcripts I need cleared up. I completed one semester of grad school abroad, but decided to not finish my Master's and apply for law instead. I am addressing this in my PS and one of the LOR is from a professor I had in the Master's program. I want to show that I didn't choose law because the Master's was too hard, but that I realized it was not the right fit for me. I've contacted LSAC and they say I don't need to submit my transcripts, since the program was for less than one year, however I'm wondering if law schools will think I'm hiding something if I don't submit my transcripts. If I do submit them onto the CAS, I need to mention it in my PS, since I didn't register for the exams at the end of the semester as I'd already decided to go to law school, and thus only one course appears on my transcript. (If you don't register for final exams/papers it just counts as if you audited the course, and thus you get no credit). The one grade that is on the transcript was the highest mark in the class, so I don't mind law schools seeing that. However, since I already have the LOR from the professor in the program, I don't think it's really necessary to provide the transcripts. My worry is that law schools may think I'm hiding something, or may request them later, at which point I will be back at home and will have to fight the admissions office here to translate the transcripts and send them to LSAC.
Anyone have some advice for me?
Thanks!!

Law2020hopeful

New

Re: 1 Semester Grad School Transcripts

Postby Law2020hopeful » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:34 am

You need to disclose it and submit the transcripts, I'm pretty sure.

TripTrip

Gold

Re: 1 Semester Grad School Transcripts

Postby TripTrip » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:23 pm

They don't need to translate the transcript. LSAC will file non-English transcripts. Just have them send it as-is.

Law schools don't care because USNWR doesn't account for foreign GPAs or Master's GPAs anyway.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�