Listing Employment on Applications

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
theothercat

Bronze

Listing Employment on Applications

Postby theothercat » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:50 pm

Hey y'all:

So, several of the schools I am applying to have sections where they request a list of employers. I have listed my entire post-college employment history and my relevant jobs and internships during college. Should I be listing every job I had in college, including retail and food service jobs? Seems irrelevant to me, but I don't want to leave it out if it might be expected!

Thanks.

bmathers

Silver

Re: Listing Employment on Applications

Postby bmathers » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:08 pm

Most schools I only listed major/relevant work. However, on a few schools that specifically ask for ALL work post-college or HS, I list them all -- including work as a personal trainer, front desk at a gym, Dunkin Donuts, all of that stuff that seems to be a waste of space. If they didn't want all of that info, then they need to change their wording - and, considering it is a LS app, I take it that they would not make a mistake of accidentally being too precise or not precise enough.

ArtistOfManliness

Silver

Re: Listing Employment on Applications

Postby ArtistOfManliness » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:02 pm

The application will say what it wants. If it says "all employment," then it means "all employment." If not, then I guess do whatever you want.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�