High School Honors and Awards

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
bagelofthedamnd

New

High School Honors and Awards

Postby bagelofthedamnd » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:04 am

The Education section has a prompt to "List the academic honors and awards, or other recognitions you have received.". Another question in the section asks for information on your high school. Should you post awards from high school too?

ashrice13

Gold

Re: High School Honors and Awards

Postby ashrice13 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:49 am

If it doesn't say NOT to list HS honors I see no draw back in adding them. It can only help

theothercat

Bronze

Postby theothercat » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:11 pm

I think unless you're talking about a highly recognized/national award that is relevant to college (National Merit Scholar, etc.), you want to leave high school achievements off your law school applications. From what I've read, it comes off as immature, or that you don't feel that your accomplishments since high school are enough to stand on their own.

mjb447

Silver

Postby mjb447 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:15 pm

theothercat wrote:I think unless you're talking about a highly recognized/national award that is relevant to college (National Merit Scholar, etc.), you want to leave high school achievements off your law school applications. From what I've read, it comes off as immature, or that you don't feel that your accomplishments since high school are enough to stand on their own.

Agreed. You don't want your "real" or more recent accomplishments to get buried.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�