LSAT Score Fluctuations Advice

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
calgoldenbear

Bronze

LSAT Score Fluctuations Advice

Postby calgoldenbear » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:39 pm

I'm hoping to get some advice on whether or not to cancel my September LSAT score. This was my third and final take. I improved 5 points between my first and second take. I retook because I still hadn't met my goal. However, I am pretty confident that my new score will be more similar to my first take, going down about 5 points. I just completely bombed the LG section. I am worried that this will make schools more confident that my lowest scores are a better representation of my abilities, whereas improving between tests made me look like I just had a bad exam. Thoughts?

bmathers

Silver

Re: LSAT Score Fluctuations Advice

Postby bmathers » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:32 pm

I asked this exact question to a T1/T2 adcomm. She told me it doesn't matter, at all, since they only report the highest score to the ABA.

bmathers

Silver

Re: LSAT Score Fluctuations Advice

Postby bmathers » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:34 pm

I also improved 5 point on my 2nd take and am not so sure about this take. So, I asked her what if I absolutely BOMB my 3rd take (as in, lower than my first). She said not to worry, because they really do not care - they only care about your highest. As for the T14 though, I am not sure.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�