Concerned about LOR

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
dytmomx3

New

Concerned about LOR

Postby dytmomx3 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:35 pm

I have 3 letters of recommendation. 2 are from professors. 1 is from a former boss, an attorney as I was his paralegal for several years. I did waive my right to review the letters, but he still "cc: [my name]" on the letter and mailed me a copy. AND in the subject line he listed nearly the same subject line as the LSAC recommender letter he received.. and he (or I should say his secretary in transcribing the letter) typed my birthday incorrectly, listing "23" when it is "24." I appreciate the content of the letter itself, but I don't know how it will be considered by admissions committees when they clearly see that I was copied on the letter and 1) have seen it and still submitted it to them knowing it's obvious I was copied on it; and 2) furthermore I still submitted after viewing it and seeing that it has an incorrect birthday listed. Will this come off as sloppy on my end? I did address it with him, and he found it to be no big deal, and I obviously can't press the matter with him, so I am now wondering... should I not submit this letter? I've seen it, there's a slight typographical error in it.. and anyone reading it will know I have seen it with the error and still submitted it. I'm in between a brick and hard wall here!!! help. what would you do??

cavalier1138

Gold

Re: Concerned about LOR

Postby cavalier1138 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:46 am

It doesn't matter.

dytmomx3

New

Postby dytmomx3 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:27 pm

I wouldn't think so either. I asked on another website and some replied that it may diminish the value of the letter :?

cavalier1138

Gold

Postby cavalier1138 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:05 pm

dytmomx3 wrote:I wouldn't think so either. I asked on another website and some replied that it may diminish the value of the letter :?

They were either trolls or idiots. Or both. Probably both.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�