Would a retake be worthless?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
vcap180

Bronze

Would a retake be worthless?

Postby vcap180 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:30 pm

Last edited by vcap180 on Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cavalier1138

Gold

Re: Would a retake be worthless?

Postby cavalier1138 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:18 pm

*sigh*

What schools are you interested in, and what are your actual numbers?

USayinBoalt

Gold

Postby USayinBoalt » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:24 pm

Yeah, what are your numbers and target schools? Need some context

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:57 pm

Answer the above

And your target better not be Cooley

vcap180

Bronze

Postby vcap180 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:31 pm

[quote="TheMikey"]Answer the abover in if i'm as smart as i think i am (and i am most certainly not)..
Last edited by vcap180 on Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KunAgnis

Bronze

Postby KunAgnis » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:35 pm

vcap180 wrote:
TheMikey wrote:Answer the above

If it helps: BC/BU 168 LSAT and below both 25th GPAs but above a 3.0

But i figured my question could be asked in a very broad context. Being well over there 75th LSATs, adding a few extra points isn't going to help their numbers in any way, so i assumed it wouldn't help me much either. I want to go to school in Boston and I'm not wasting my time pursuing a HLS pipe dream--perhaps I could transfer in if i'm as smart as i think i am (and i am most certainly not).

Oh I think it'll help very much. At the very least, it could help you get admission from other schools, gain scholarships from them, and use those to negotiate scholarships from your target schools. The point of LSAT is to maximize your scholarships while minimizing your unemployment risk by going to the best school you can.

vcap180

Bronze

Postby vcap180 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:37 pm

KunAgnis wrote:
vcap180 wrote:

But i figured my question could be asked in a very broad context. Being well over there 75th LSATs, adding a few extra points isn't going to help their numbers in any way, so i assumed it wouldn't help me much either. I want to go to school in Boston and I'm not wasting my time pursuing a HLS pipe dream--perhaps I could transfer in if i'm as smart as i think i am (and i am most certainly not).

Oh I think it'll help very much. At the very least, it could help you get admission from other schools, gain scholarships from them, and use those to negotiate scholarships from your target schools. The point of LSAT is to maximize your scholarships while minimizing your unemployment risk by going to the best school you can.

scholarship negotiation!! i guess that's the factor i was overlooking. f*ck; i dont want to retake.

KunAgnis

Bronze

Postby KunAgnis » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:49 pm

vcap180 wrote:
KunAgnis wrote:
vcap180 wrote:

scholarship negotiation!! i guess that's the factor i was overlooking. f*ck; i dont want to retake.

You could get a lot of money that way. I got 25K my year doing this and I'm sure I could have gotten more. I empathize as I did a retake too (and this was the only test I retook - and I've taken MCAT as well). If it helps, just make it a routine so you don't have to think about doing it, you just do the preparation. In hindsight you'll be thankful to yourself that you did it.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�