My work history is bad, how should I handle this on resume?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
rundontwalk

New

My work history is bad, how should I handle this on resume?

Postby rundontwalk » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:26 pm

Since leaving UG, I've worked two part-time low paying jobs. One for a couple of days. One for a month. I've not worked since then.

The application asks that I list all work history and of course I will as it's better to be honest than lie by omission.

Should this be of serious concern to me? Like, does anyone get rejected for a spotty work history?

edit to add: I've been out of UG for about a year and a half now...

floatie

Silver

Re: My work history is bad, how should I handle this on resume?

Postby floatie » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:07 pm

I wouldn't be concerned about it, honestly. A year and a half of not-much isn't terrible, as it can take recent college grads a little while to get on their feet. Just list where you worked and what you did. Make sure you dedicate more space to what you did in undergrad, if those accomplishments or activities were more substantial.

encore1101

Silver

Postby encore1101 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:17 pm

As long as the reason why you left those jobs isn't because of some reason involving your integrity or poor decision making (i.e. got caught stealing from employer/clients, showed up to work drunk and high off your ass), I don't see it as an issue.

LikelyThrowaway

Bronze

Postby LikelyThrowaway » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:28 am

What have you been doing for that year and a half? That's what's going to matter. If it's zilch, I'd be concerned.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�