Old letters of Rec and weak resume

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ccsmith

New

Old letters of Rec and weak resume

Postby ccsmith » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:52 pm

I intended to apply to law school directly after graduating in 2013. Prior to graduating I got 3 strong letters of rec from professors and had a nice resume. Well, I ended up getting married and had a baby which put a halt on my plans. I am now ready to apply and my family can move to whichever locale the law school I ultimately attend is. I've taken the LSAT already (June 2016) and scored a 170 and graduated with a 3.85 gpa. Due to being a stay at home wife and mom these past few years I now have 3 year old letters of recommendations and a nice hole in my resume. I've been under the impression that law school is a numbers game outside of HYS and now that law applications are down as long as you meet or exceed median scores you should be accepted. Will the old letters of recommendation and weak resume kill me or should I be fine outside of the very top law schools?

cavalier1138

Gold

Re: Old letters of Rec and weak resume

Postby cavalier1138 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:55 pm

You know how people always explain that softs don't mean anything if you don't have a good enough LSAT/GPA?

It works the other way, too. For starters, these aren't weak points, and even if some adcomm thought they were, your numbers would push you over.

ponderingmeerkat

Gold

Re: Old letters of Rec and weak resume

Postby ponderingmeerkat » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:45 pm

Only your numbers matter. And they are good numbers. Enjoy a 100% chance of getting into the T14--the vast majority with $$$. Congrats! (Here's your mylsn.info chart)

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�