Is upward trend something schools will notice or will I have to point it out? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
olikatz

Bronze

Is upward trend something schools will notice or will I have to point it out?

Post by olikatz » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:29 pm

I'm wondering because I know schools just go off of LSAC GPA, but do they get a copy of the transcripts you sent LSAC right away? I do have an upward trend my last 2 years of undergrad but if they just get the GPA from LSAC will I have to mention this in my personal statement or an addendum?

theconsigliere

Bronze

Re: Is upward trend something schools will notice or will I have to point it out?

Post by theconsigliere » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:50 pm

They might notice, and if they do they won't care. No addendum needed absent signicant extenuating circumstances

USayinBoalt

Gold

Re: Is upward trend something schools will notice or will I have to point it out?

Post by USayinBoalt » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:51 pm

Suffice it to say that they will notice the trend. Will it help? probably not that much

bmathers

Silver

Post by bmathers » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:00 pm

They need to report your LSDAS GPA to the ABA, and the ABA does not care about upwards trends. It's better to have one then a downward trend, but it's pretty insignificant, I've been told.

It seems like everyone has an upward trend who applies to LS, IMO.

HYPSM

Bronze

Post by HYPSM » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:41 am

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”