Addendum for Minor Tickets Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
RamTitan

Silver

Addendum for Minor Tickets

Post by RamTitan » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:14 pm

Let's say someone received a ticket for an open container violation or some other minor infraction that's no longer on their record. How would one write an addendum for this? The less details the better? How long would it need to be?

I was thinking a a 4-6 sentence paragraph where I explained "when and where, realize it was stupid and learned from my mistake, etc."

poptart123

Silver

Re: Addendum for Minor Tickets

Post by poptart123 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:42 pm

From what I've read, state the circumstances and accept responsibility. Yale's Admissions Dean wrote a blog post about this, and I think it might be in the Admissions Officer thread.

For something minor, I really think they are just really looking to make sure it wasn't a continual mistake (shows lack of judgement) and that you take responsibility for your action in addition to completing any probation, paying fines, etc.

Good Guy Gaud

Platinum

Post by Good Guy Gaud » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:44 pm

An addendum is probably not even necessary in your case. If you're going to write one, though, I'd say you're on the right track. Something like:

"On xxx, I was cited with x. As a result, I x (had to take a class, pay a fine, etc.). I fulfilled all of those obligations. Since then, x has been eliminated from my record and I have had no further incidents."

attach any paperwork you've got too. you probably don't need it but it will be nice to have it once character and fitness comes around because they may want to see any paperwork you've got.

RamTitan

Silver

Post by RamTitan » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:03 pm

Dope, thanks ya'll

RamTitan

Silver

Post by RamTitan » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:22 pm

How specific do I need to be with the dates?

KMart

Gold

Post by KMart » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:01 pm

RamTitan wrote:How specific do I need to be with the dates?
As specific as you can. You're really doing it to properly disclose everything for the bar exam. The law school won't really deny you for a minor iinfraction.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”