Screwed up huge... missed Sept LSAT deadline

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
circle.the.wagons

Bronze

Screwed up huge... missed Sept LSAT deadline

Postby circle.the.wagons » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:36 pm

I messed up big time and missed the sepetmber lsat deadline. I don't have a good excuse. I know I can sign up for December lsat for fall 17, but how f'ed am I in terms of admissions and scholarships?

I'm a working mechanical engineer, am registered as an agent with the USPTO (not practicing though), 3.1ugpa, i think a 167 or 168 is a realistic goal score for me based on how Ive been doing. I want to go to fordham/bc/gw, but I need a scholarship for any of those. I was planning on sumitting my app in mid october to maximize my opportunities, so I'm really freaking out right now and I just want to know if I still have a chance of getting in and getting money to these schools.

Thanks.

bmathers

Silver

Re: Screwed up huge... missed Sept LSAT deadline

Postby bmathers » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:58 pm

I would say to try it out this cycle. If you don't like your results, retake in June and wait another year. It's not the end of the world.

haus

Gold

Postby haus » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:40 pm

I would suggest taking a look at the MS9 thread

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=197451

Over the years the question of taking the Dec LSAT has come up a handful of time, or go ahead and ask again. I seem to recall the former Adcoms stating that applying on a Dec LSAT is not a significant disadvantage.

ashrice13

Gold

Postby ashrice13 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:25 am

I think what MS9 usually says in that thread is that taking the LSAT in December to get a better score is better than applying in sept/oct with a lower LSAT score. So I'd say definitely try it out....just use the extra time to try and break 170. As stated above, if it doesn't work out you can always just work on next cycle. I know that's probably not preferable but, on the bright side, you get another year of WE and another shot at the LSAT

circle.the.wagons

Bronze

Postby circle.the.wagons » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:36 am

Thanks all for calming me down :P

Read the posts here and the spivy thread, as well as some articles and I think I'll be ok. I just need to take advantage of this new found time to study more and up my score.

Alive97

Bronze

Postby Alive97 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:27 pm

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�