Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
eastring

New
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:21 am

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby eastring » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:51 am

ac8876a wrote:
eastring wrote:
ac8876a wrote:Did any of you guys (ones who got a waiver) already start your chicago app on LSAC?


I just opened their app today and noticed that they don't have a Why Chicago section - I guess I don't need to write one anymore?


it might be in the optional essays section


I only see optional addendum section :shock:

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby brinicolec » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:35 am

ac8876a wrote:
ac8876a wrote:Did any of you guys (ones who got a waiver) already start your chicago app on LSAC?


Edit: Did you start the app before getting the fee waiver?


Yup.

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby brinicolec » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:36 am

eastring wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
eastring wrote:Has anybody received anything from Cornell? Should I wait or just submit my app right now haha


+1 CLS also


Yes - I have so far received an unsolicited waiver from UVA, UPenn, NYU, Michigan, Chicago, Georgetown and Duke in t14. Just need a waiver from Columbia and Cornell for this cycle... :roll:


Literally same! lol

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4637
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby proteinshake » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:55 am

brinicolec wrote:
eastring wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
eastring wrote:Has anybody received anything from Cornell? Should I wait or just submit my app right now haha


+1 CLS also


Yes - I have so far received an unsolicited waiver from UVA, UPenn, NYU, Michigan, Chicago, Georgetown and Duke in t14. Just need a waiver from Columbia and Cornell for this cycle... :roll:


Literally same! lol

I don't think most people get a Cornell waiver (even if you have really good numbers) and I'm not sure why. I also got waivers from most of the T14, but not Cornell.

User avatar
carlos_danger

Bronze
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:21 am

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby carlos_danger » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:29 am

I successfully solicited from Cornell back in August.

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4637
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby proteinshake » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:05 am

GULC waiver rolled over from last cycle even though when I emailed them a month ago they said they don't give fee waiver to reapplicants.

vcap180

Bronze
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:48 am

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby vcap180 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:51 am

brinicolec wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:Anybody know why I may be getting passed up on waivers? My gpa is ~3.8 and LSAT is 173. I applied two years ago and got waivers from most of the t14.

This year I solicited in August and have received Duke pt, but otherwise nothing. My biggest issue is Michigan, which said I should get one in email.

Should I follow up with schools?


Have you checked CRS to make sure it's not already on there? Also, have you made sure your app cycle is correct on CRS?


How do you change your app cycle? where do you see this option?

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver
Posts: 1297
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:27 pm

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:46 am

vcap180 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:Anybody know why I may be getting passed up on waivers? My gpa is ~3.8 and LSAT is 173. I applied two years ago and got waivers from most of the t14.

This year I solicited in August and have received Duke pt, but otherwise nothing. My biggest issue is Michigan, which said I should get one in email.

Should I follow up with schools?


Have you checked CRS to make sure it's not already on there? Also, have you made sure your app cycle is correct on CRS?


How do you change your app cycle? where do you see this option?


The one I know is my account>profile>crs

edit preferences then change expected enrollment year

User avatar
ayylmao

Silver
Posts: 528
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:38 pm

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby ayylmao » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:19 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
vcap180 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:Anybody know why I may be getting passed up on waivers? My gpa is ~3.8 and LSAT is 173. I applied two years ago and got waivers from most of the t14.

This year I solicited in August and have received Duke pt, but otherwise nothing. My biggest issue is Michigan, which said I should get one in email.

Should I follow up with schools?


Have you checked CRS to make sure it's not already on there? Also, have you made sure your app cycle is correct on CRS?


How do you change your app cycle? where do you see this option?


The one I know is my account>profile>crs

edit preferences then change expected enrollment year

Are you an accountant? I only just got your username haha

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver
Posts: 1297
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:27 pm

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:43 pm

ayylmao wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
vcap180 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:Anybody know why I may be getting passed up on waivers? My gpa is ~3.8 and LSAT is 173. I applied two years ago and got waivers from most of the t14.

This year I solicited in August and have received Duke pt, but otherwise nothing. My biggest issue is Michigan, which said I should get one in email.

Should I follow up with schools?


Have you checked CRS to make sure it's not already on there? Also, have you made sure your app cycle is correct on CRS?


How do you change your app cycle? where do you see this option?


The one I know is my account>profile>crs

edit preferences then change expected enrollment year

Are you an accountant? I only just got your username haha


Yeah I am lol

Beads2017

New
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:03 am

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby Beads2017 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:51 pm

Does anyone know when Columbia is going to send out fee waivers? I received fee waivers from all the T-14's on the East Coast as well as U Chicago so I am hoping that I can get one from them too

shoparoundthecorner

Bronze
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:54 pm

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby shoparoundthecorner » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:12 am

Beads2017 wrote:Does anyone know when Columbia is going to send out fee waivers? I received fee waivers from all the T-14's on the East Coast as well as U Chicago so I am hoping that I can get one from them too


I'm hoping to receive one as well. I received one in a previous cycle (I took the LSAT but never applied) on September 20. This was 2011, though, so I don't know whether their schedule has remained the same. Hopefully we can expect one soon!

User avatar
Kopetz

Bronze
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:06 am

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby Kopetz » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:55 am

Does Columbia even issue merit fee waivers? Their website says no, that they only accept LSAC need-based waivers. A Columbia rep told me the same thing at an LSAC forum a couple months back.

shoparoundthecorner

Bronze
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:54 pm

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby shoparoundthecorner » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:53 pm

Kopetz wrote:Does Columbia even issue merit fee waivers? Their website says no, that they only accept LSAC need-based waivers. A Columbia rep told me the same thing at an LSAC forum a couple months back.


The one I got in 2011 was definitely merit-based, unsolicited. Can't speak to how their policy may have changed since then though.

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4637
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby proteinshake » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:32 pm

shoparoundthecorner wrote:
Kopetz wrote:Does Columbia even issue merit fee waivers? Their website says no, that they only accept LSAC need-based waivers. A Columbia rep told me the same thing at an LSAC forum a couple months back.


The one I got in 2011 was definitely merit-based, unsolicited. Can't speak to how their policy may have changed since then though.

you definitely can't solicit from them. not sure if they offer merit-based ones (still).

User avatar
poptart123

Silver
Posts: 1150
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby poptart123 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:35 pm

proteinshake wrote:
shoparoundthecorner wrote:
Kopetz wrote:Does Columbia even issue merit fee waivers? Their website says no, that they only accept LSAC need-based waivers. A Columbia rep told me the same thing at an LSAC forum a couple months back.


The one I got in 2011 was definitely merit-based, unsolicited. Can't speak to how their policy may have changed since then though.

you definitely can't solicit from them. not sure if they offer merit-based ones (still).


I tried to solicit one. Columbia told me what the website says, but when apps open I had one. I don't know if this was related or coincidence.

User avatar
tuesdayninja

Bronze
Posts: 369
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:37 pm

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby tuesdayninja » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:29 am

Anyone get fee waivers from BU/BC? Gonna request one from each soon.

User avatar
PDX4343

Silver
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:59 pm

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby PDX4343 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:31 pm

tuesdayninja wrote:Anyone get fee waivers from BU/BC? Gonna request one from each soon.


BC was pretty receptive to my request, but I asked too early in the cycle for them to process it. Then I was accepted elsewhere and decided I wouldn't apply after all so I never checked back in. BU just gave me the standard "we give out fee waivers through CRS" line.

LSAT > 75th GPA <25th for both schools.

littlewing67

Silver
Posts: 772
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:08 pm

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby littlewing67 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:05 pm

.
Last edited by littlewing67 on Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

littlewing67

Silver
Posts: 772
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:08 pm

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby littlewing67 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:16 pm

*accidental double post woopz

User avatar
pleasesendhelp

Bronze
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:28 pm

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby pleasesendhelp » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:48 am

littlewing67 wrote:
longpig wrote:Anyone know anything about getting fee waivers from schools for Americorps service?


Not sure if anyone answered your question but I just finished my term as an AmeriCorp and was able solicit many fee waivers by mentioning my service. Also I didn't mention my stats but for those curious gpa: 3.66 and no LSAT score.

Schools that sent me a waiver:
University of California, Berkeley, School of Law
Boston College Law School
Cornell Law School
Emory University School of Law
University of North Carolina School of Law
University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) School of Law
University of Virginia School of Law
William & Mary Law School
University of Pennsylvania Law School
University of Michigan Law School

No fee (some have deadlines sorry I did not include them):
University of California, Irvine School of Law
George Mason University, Antonin Scalia Law School
The George Washington University Law School
University of Southern California, Gould School of Law
Northwestern Pritzker School of Law
Charlotte School of Law
American University Washington College of Law
Michigan State University College of Law
Widener University Delaware Law School

Basically no for AmeriCorp alone:
Duke University School of Law
Georgetown University Law Center
Columbia University School of Law
New York University School of Law

Unsolicited:
The University of Massachusetts School of Law - Dartmouth
University of Maryland Carey School of Law
Western New England University School of Law
University of Richmond School of Law
Tulane Law School

Also Stetson law gave me a fee waiver for being a member of Phi Alpha Delta. Has anyone had any luck with that?


For Northwestern you're right about there being no fee before a certain date, but you still have to apply for a fee waiver (which they will 100% give you). Not sure if you can go straight to submission and have no fee at checkout.

https://apply.law.northwestern.edu/regi ... tfeewaiver

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4637
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby proteinshake » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:34 pm

got an email from Alabama that they'll waive the fee and give me a $30 Amazon gift card if I apply, thus making the app $0 (no LSAC fee). yay for more bargaining chips!
Last edited by proteinshake on Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Kopetz

Bronze
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:06 am

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby Kopetz » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:41 pm

proteinshake wrote:got an email from Alabama that they'll waive the fee and give me a $30 Amazon gift card if I apply, this making the app $0 (no LSAC fee). yay for more bargaining chips!


Got the same email. I'm going to try to talk them up on the amazon card. let's start a gift-card negotiations thread

User avatar
pretzeltime

Gold
Posts: 1993
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 6:57 pm

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby pretzeltime » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:07 pm

Kopetz wrote:
proteinshake wrote:got an email from Alabama that they'll waive the fee and give me a $30 Amazon gift card if I apply, this making the app $0 (no LSAC fee). yay for more bargaining chips!


Got the same email. I'm going to try to talk them up on the amazon card. let's start a gift-card negotiations thread


Bama, winner of the First Annual TLS Thirst Award

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4637
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby proteinshake » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:36 pm

pretzeltime wrote:
Kopetz wrote:
proteinshake wrote:got an email from Alabama that they'll waive the fee and give me a $30 Amazon gift card if I apply, this making the app $0 (no LSAC fee). yay for more bargaining chips!


Got the same email. I'm going to try to talk them up on the amazon card. let's start a gift-card negotiations thread


Bama, winner of the First Annual TLS Thirst Award

when Alabama hits you with that Amazon gift card

Image



Return to “Law School Admissions Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests