Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver
Posts: 1296
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:27 pm

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:32 am

caitlinrw wrote:
bmathers wrote:Unsolicited from UF today


+1


+2. It was weird though because they sent me a code. Last time it was through CRS

caitlinrw

Bronze
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:40 pm

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby caitlinrw » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:55 am

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
caitlinrw wrote:
bmathers wrote:Unsolicited from UF today


+1


+2. It was weird though because they sent me a code. Last time it was through CRS


Yeah they sent a follow up email saying to disregard the code and that it should automatically waive the fee, I checked las night and it's waived.

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4644
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby proteinshake » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:29 am

anrf1225 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:Did you all have them on your school list on LSAC? (USC, UCLA) I received neither but I've also kept Cali schools off my list.


I didn't have them on my list but check your spam folder. my gmail account sent them to spam which it hasn't done with many other schools

sad to find nothing but emails about Viagra from sketchy looking email accounts :(

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4479
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby brinicolec » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:08 am

RamTitan wrote:
brinicolec wrote:Did you all have them on your school list on LSAC? (USC, UCLA) I received neither but I've also kept Cali schools off my list.

You got NYU, but not USC and UCLA? What are you stats?

I wasn't going to apply to those two, but I think I will now.


My stats aren't amazing lol. 3.4/164/URM F

caitlinrw

Bronze
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:40 pm

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby caitlinrw » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:48 am

brinicolec wrote:
RamTitan wrote:
brinicolec wrote:Did you all have them on your school list on LSAC? (USC, UCLA) I received neither but I've also kept Cali schools off my list.

You got NYU, but not USC and UCLA? What are you stats?

I wasn't going to apply to those two, but I think I will now.


My stats aren't amazing lol. 3.4/164/URM F


Don't feel bad, I didn't get UCLA either lol, I got USC and NYU though.

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4644
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby proteinshake » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:48 am

got an email from USC about the Frank Rothman Scholars Program. didn't know about it until 5 minutes ago, but it looks super dope:

"Full-tuition scholarship guaranteed for 3 years (estimated at $180,000)
$2,000 stipend each year for 3 years
Paid 1L summer fellowship at Skadden in Los Angeles"

if anyone else got one, based on older threads, it means you can pretty much expect at least an acceptance w/ $$ if you apply. I doubt I'd get it with my current numbers (retaking) and having just graduated a few months ago.

vcap180

Bronze
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:48 am

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby vcap180 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:38 pm

proteinshake wrote:got an email from USC about the Frank Rothman Scholars Program. didn't know about it until 5 minutes ago, but it looks super dope:

"Full-tuition scholarship guaranteed for 3 years (estimated at $180,000)
$2,000 stipend each year for 3 years
Paid 1L summer fellowship at Skadden in Los Angeles"

if anyone else got one, based on older threads, it means you can pretty much expect at least an acceptance w/ $$ if you apply. I doubt I'd get it with my current numbers (retaking) and having just graduated a few months ago.


Holy shit! The Frank Rothman Scholars Program sounds like the sweetest deal there is. I'm sure you need to be outrageously qualified though (I.e forgoing t-6 $ offers). Anyone have any insight?

By the way: I got a hidden USC waiver, but no email whatsoever from them.

User avatar
PDX4343

Silver
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:59 pm

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby PDX4343 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:59 pm

I was able to solicit successfully from the University of Minnesota a few days ago. me < 25th GPA / 75th LSAT < me

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4644
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby proteinshake » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:05 pm

vcap180 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:got an email from USC about the Frank Rothman Scholars Program. didn't know about it until 5 minutes ago, but it looks super dope:

"Full-tuition scholarship guaranteed for 3 years (estimated at $180,000)
$2,000 stipend each year for 3 years
Paid 1L summer fellowship at Skadden in Los Angeles"

if anyone else got one, based on older threads, it means you can pretty much expect at least an acceptance w/ $$ if you apply. I doubt I'd get it with my current numbers (retaking) and having just graduated a few months ago.


Holy shit! The Frank Rothman Scholars Program sounds like the sweetest deal there is. I'm sure you need to be outrageously qualified though (I.e forgoing t-6 $ offers). Anyone have any insight?

By the way: I got a hidden USC waiver, but no email whatsoever from them.

yeah that guaranteed 1L summer job at Skadden is something I've never seen before. I wonder if a 1L Skadden job easily translates to a post-grad Skadden job.

vcap180

Bronze
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:48 am

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby vcap180 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:19 pm

proteinshake wrote:
vcap180 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:got an email from USC about the Frank Rothman Scholars Program. didn't know about it until 5 minutes ago, but it looks super dope:

"Full-tuition scholarship guaranteed for 3 years (estimated at $180,000)
$2,000 stipend each year for 3 years
Paid 1L summer fellowship at Skadden in Los Angeles"

if anyone else got one, based on older threads, it means you can pretty much expect at least an acceptance w/ $$ if you apply. I doubt I'd get it with my current numbers (retaking) and having just graduated a few months ago.


Holy shit! The Frank Rothman Scholars Program sounds like the sweetest deal there is. I'm sure you need to be outrageously qualified though (I.e forgoing t-6 $ offers). Anyone have any insight?

By the way: I got a hidden USC waiver, but no email whatsoever from them.

yeah that guaranteed 1L summer job at Skadden is something I've never seen before. I wonder if a 1L Skadden job easily translates to a post-grad Skadden job.


assuming you didn't actively screw anything up while there or in class, I'd bet it would be almost a sure thing.

Has anyone on this forum ever been admitted to this program? I'd love to hear their stats.

User avatar
RamTitan

Silver
Posts: 1092
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:45 pm

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby RamTitan » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:18 pm

proteinshake wrote:got an email from USC about the Frank Rothman Scholars Program. didn't know about it until 5 minutes ago, but it looks super dope:

"Full-tuition scholarship guaranteed for 3 years (estimated at $180,000)
$2,000 stipend each year for 3 years
Paid 1L summer fellowship at Skadden in Los Angeles"

if anyone else got one, based on older threads, it means you can pretty much expect at least an acceptance w/ $$ if you apply. I doubt I'd get it with my current numbers (retaking) and having just graduated a few months ago.

Do any of the older threads reveal numbers of the winners?

User avatar
asuddenarborealstop

New
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:07 pm

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby asuddenarborealstop » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:22 pm

RamTitan wrote:Do any of the older threads reveal numbers of the winners?


Looks like it's only one. http://weblaw.usc.edu/how/jd/rothman/details.cfm

User avatar
RamTitan

Silver
Posts: 1092
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:45 pm

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby RamTitan » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:24 pm

asuddenarborealstop wrote:
RamTitan wrote:Do any of the older threads reveal numbers of the winners?


Looks like it's only one. http://weblaw.usc.edu/how/jd/rothman/details.cfm

I'll do some digging to find the stats of winners

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4644
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby proteinshake » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:58 pm

RamTitan wrote:
asuddenarborealstop wrote:
RamTitan wrote:Do any of the older threads reveal numbers of the winners?


Looks like it's only one. http://weblaw.usc.edu/how/jd/rothman/details.cfm

I'll do some digging to find the stats of winners

I doubt there's anything since only one person a year gets it. here's this though viewtopic.php?t=104296 -- just says CCN type numbers.

TAD

Bronze
Posts: 345
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 11:40 pm

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby TAD » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:01 pm

proteinshake wrote:
RamTitan wrote:
asuddenarborealstop wrote:
RamTitan wrote:Do any of the older threads reveal numbers of the winners?


Looks like it's only one. http://weblaw.usc.edu/how/jd/rothman/details.cfm

I'll do some digging to find the stats of winners

I doubt there's anything since only one person a year gets it. here's this though viewtopic.php?t=104296 -- just says CCN type numbers.


I did some digging and found a winner on USC website and then googled his name and found his Linkedln where he also posted his LSAT score - It was a 167. No GPA posted but had an SAT score of 2260

Another winner posted on her linkedln that she graduated Summa Cum Laude but no specific GPA number

So im guessing you need like 3.85+ and 167+

User avatar
Helioze

Bronze
Posts: 228
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:10 am

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby Helioze » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:15 pm

TAD wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
RamTitan wrote:
asuddenarborealstop wrote:
RamTitan wrote:Do any of the older threads reveal numbers of the winners?


Looks like it's only one. http://weblaw.usc.edu/how/jd/rothman/details.cfm

I'll do some digging to find the stats of winners

I doubt there's anything since only one person a year gets it. here's this though viewtopic.php?t=104296 -- just says CCN type numbers.


I did some digging and found a winner on USC website and then googled his name and found his Linkedln where he also posted his LSAT score - It was a 167. No GPA posted but had an SAT score of 2260

Another winner posted on her linkedln that she graduated Summa Cum Laude but no specific GPA number

So im guessing you need like 3.85+ and 167+


dont need both 4 the invite.

TAD

Bronze
Posts: 345
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 11:40 pm

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby TAD » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:19 pm

Helioze wrote:
TAD wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
RamTitan wrote:
asuddenarborealstop wrote:
RamTitan wrote:Do any of the older threads reveal numbers of the winners?


Looks like it's only one. http://weblaw.usc.edu/how/jd/rothman/details.cfm

I'll do some digging to find the stats of winners

I doubt there's anything since only one person a year gets it. here's this though viewtopic.php?t=104296 -- just says CCN type numbers.


I did some digging and found a winner on USC website and then googled his name and found his Linkedln where he also posted his LSAT score - It was a 167. No GPA posted but had an SAT score of 2260

Another winner posted on her linkedln that she graduated Summa Cum Laude but no specific GPA number

So im guessing you need like 3.85+ and 167+


dont need both 4 the invite.


Prolly not. Your GPA could be counterbalanced by a higher LSAT and vice versa

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4644
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby proteinshake » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:31 pm

TAD wrote:
Helioze wrote:
TAD wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
RamTitan wrote:
asuddenarborealstop wrote:
RamTitan wrote:Do any of the older threads reveal numbers of the winners?


Looks like it's only one. http://weblaw.usc.edu/how/jd/rothman/details.cfm

I'll do some digging to find the stats of winners

I doubt there's anything since only one person a year gets it. here's this though viewtopic.php?t=104296 -- just says CCN type numbers.


I did some digging and found a winner on USC website and then googled his name and found his Linkedln where he also posted his LSAT score - It was a 167. No GPA posted but had an SAT score of 2260

Another winner posted on her linkedln that she graduated Summa Cum Laude but no specific GPA number

So im guessing you need like 3.85+ and 167+


dont need both 4 the invite.


Prolly not. Your GPA could be counterbalanced by a higher LSAT and vice versa

you definitely don't. I meet the LSAT you posted, but I'm under (but close) to the 3.85.

User avatar
PDX4343

Silver
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:59 pm

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby PDX4343 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:55 pm

Just received a waiver from UPENN. I had solicited earlier in the cycle, but was just told that they only award them through CRS. I'm under the GPA 25th and above the LSAT 75th.

disbalex

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:34 pm

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby disbalex » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:04 pm

PDX4343 wrote:Just received a waiver from UPENN. I had solicited earlier in the cycle, but was just told that they only award them through CRS. I'm under the GPA 25th and above the LSAT 75th.


Same, GPA<25 and LSAT=75

LikelyThrowaway

Bronze
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:19 am

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby LikelyThrowaway » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:15 pm

Cue a dozen "same"s.

User avatar
RictusErectus

Bronze
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:31 pm

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby RictusErectus » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:29 pm

LikelyThrowaway wrote:Cue a dozen "same"s.


Not from me. My GPA is still being processed by LSAC (I'm an international) and my LSAT is >75th. No waiver.

I wasn't part of the big NYU wave either. Post September 1 my luck has entirely died out.

caitlinrw

Bronze
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:40 pm

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby caitlinrw » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:34 pm

+1 for UPenn

User avatar
Kopetz

Bronze
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:06 am

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby Kopetz » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:43 pm

PDX4343 wrote:Just received a waiver from UPENN. I had solicited earlier in the cycle, but was just told that they only award them through CRS. I'm under the GPA 25th and above the LSAT 75th.


I'm <<<25thGPA and >75thLSAT and also received a waiver.

User avatar
pleasesendhelp

Bronze
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:28 pm

Re: Unsolicited Fee Waivers 2017

Postby pleasesendhelp » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:52 pm

Unsolicited Fee Waiver from UPenn through email



Return to “Law School Admissions Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests