LSDAS GPA ?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lsatisfunbro1996

New

LSDAS GPA ?

Postby lsatisfunbro1996 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:15 pm

Hello, I have received a W from my school that was not punitive then retook the class and received an A. I was wondering if the W will count torward my LSDAS GPA thanks. Futhermore, I have a 3.9 gpa and i have just recently taken a diagnostic in which I received, -7 both LR and -14 LG and -8 RC. I was wondering if this is considered good? Lastly, I am stuck on LG and have just started studying using the Bible and I have a hard time making inferences and the not laws. Thank you

zeglo

Silver

Re: LSDAS GPA ?

Postby zeglo » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:27 pm

Last edited by zeglo on Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kopetz

Bronze

Postby Kopetz » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:04 pm

Regarding your LSAT, a "good" score will vary depending on your target school and financial needs. You're a bit above the median score, but that alone doesn't mean much. Check out the data at this thread, find schools with median GPAs at or below yours, and compare their LSAT scores to your diagnostic. If you have any schools in mind, find them on that list to get a decent idea where you stand relative to matriculating students there.

Given your uGPA, you stand to benefit from a serious time investment in LSAT study. Because you're at or over the median GPA for most schools, your LSAT will be the determining factor in admissions and scholarships. Without more information, my best guess is that there's a systemic issue with the way you're approaching LG which study and practice may fix, and that certain question types in LR are giving you trouble. Have you gone back over the ones you got wrong and figured out why your answer was wrong, and why the credited answer is correct?

lsatisfunbro1996

New

Postby lsatisfunbro1996 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:00 pm

Kopetz wrote:Regarding your LSAT, a "good" score will vary depending on your target school and financial needs. You're a bit above the median score, but that alone doesn't mean much. Check out the data at this thread, find schools with median GPAs at or below yours, and compare their LSAT scores to your diagnostic. If you have any schools in mind, find them on that list to get a decent idea where you stand relative to matriculating students there.

Given your uGPA, you stand to benefit from a serious time investment in LSAT study. Because you're at or over the median GPA for most schools, your LSAT will be the determining factor in admissions and scholarships. Without more information, my best guess is that there's a systemic issue with the way you're approaching LG which study and practice may fix, and that certain question types in LR are giving you trouble. Have you gone back over the ones you got wrong and figured out why your answer was wrong, and why the credited answer is correct?

I am a junior but I will get straight A's the rest of college. I should have a 4.0 but I had some family problems. My estimated gpa at graduation is a 3.939. I am more than likely taking a year off from undergrad to study solely on the LSAT but have spent the past few weeks this summer just dabbling around in the bible. I find myself struggling making those inferences for LG but for LR I am way better. I believe it is because it is in words rather than rules/letters. I am shooting for CCN. if my W in the class i retook does not count, does that W hurt my chances at law school even if my LSDAS gpa isn't affected?

zeglo

Silver

Postby zeglo » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:29 am

Last edited by zeglo on Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kopetz

Bronze

Postby Kopetz » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:57 am

lsatisfunbro1996 wrote:
Kopetz wrote:Regarding your LSAT, a "good" score will vary depending on your target school and financial needs. You're a bit above the median score, but that alone doesn't mean much. Check out the data at this thread, find schools with median GPAs at or below yours, and compare their LSAT scores to your diagnostic. If you have any schools in mind, find them on that list to get a decent idea where you stand relative to matriculating students there.

I am a junior but I will get straight A's the rest of college. I should have a 4.0 but I had some family problems. My estimated gpa at graduation is a 3.939. I am more than likely taking a year off from undergrad to study solely on the LSAT but have spent the past few weeks this summer just dabbling around in the bible. I find myself struggling making those inferences for LG but for LR I am way better. I believe it is because it is in words rather than rules/letters. I am shooting for CCN. if my W in the class i retook does not count, does that W hurt my chances at law school even if my LSDAS gpa isn't affected?

Absent a pattern of Ws in your transcript adcomms probably won't care, particularly in light of your excellent GPA. In any case there's not much you can do about a W already on your transcript, so I recommend you focus on the things you can affect: keeping your GPA up and studying for the LSAT.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�