Page 30 of 31

Re: CLASS OF 2019! MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:38 pm
by sonyco
2016 ABA 509 Reports out

http://abarequireddisclosures.org

Re: CLASS OF 2019! MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:01 pm
by cannibal ox
Georgetown took 110 transfers this year.

Re: CLASS OF 2019! MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:05 pm
by cannibal ox
George Washington took 106 transfers this year, including 51 kids from American.

Re: CLASS OF 2019! MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:05 pm
by guynourmin
cannibal ox wrote:George Washington took 106 transfers this year, including 51 kids from American.


That is insane. It also reminds me of an article/interview I read with someone from American where they said they didn't think their employment numbers were representative because GULC/GW were taking all of their top students who would have gotten jobs (and pointed out how clever/shitty it was that the schools got away with getting all those students without having their gpa/lsat influence their numbers).

Re: CLASS OF 2019! MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:18 pm
by haus
guybourdin wrote:
cannibal ox wrote:George Washington took 106 transfers this year, including 51 kids from American.


That is insane. It also reminds me of an article/interview I read with someone from American where they said they didn't think their employment numbers were representative because GULC/GW were taking all of their top students who would have gotten jobs (and pointed out how clever/shitty it was that the schools got away with getting all those students without having their gpa/lsat influence their numbers).

That brand new building at American must seem kinda lonely outside of the 1L classrooms.

Re: CLASS OF 2019! MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:19 pm
by monceau
It says GW took 2 transfers from GW. What...?

Re: CLASS OF 2019! MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:20 pm
by guynourmin
haus wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
cannibal ox wrote:George Washington took 106 transfers this year, including 51 kids from American.


That is insane. It also reminds me of an article/interview I read with someone from American where they said they didn't think their employment numbers were representative because GULC/GW were taking all of their top students who would have gotten jobs (and pointed out how clever/shitty it was that the schools got away with getting all those students without having their gpa/lsat influence their numbers).

That brand new building at American must seem kinda lonely outside of the 1L classrooms.


Looks like they only lost ~10% of their class this past year?

Re: CLASS OF 2019! MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:26 pm
by haus
Their 509 shows 21% attrition (most via transfer)

Re: CLASS OF 2019! MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:39 pm
by splitterfromhell
monceau wrote:It says GW took 2 transfers from GW. What...?


Maybe like MBA students who decided to do a JD/MBA?

Re: CLASS OF 2019! MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:54 pm
by guynourmin
haus wrote:Their 509 shows 21% attrition (most via transfer)


Doesn't account for the 30 transfers they took, though (Although I did that wrong before - the class still decreased by 15%).

Re: CLASS OF 2019! MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:17 pm
by Rigo
dietcoke1 wrote:call in

Hey I'd be willing to double check and update the whole spread sheet with the 509's out now.
PM me and I'll give you my email to add to google doc if interested.

Re: CLASS OF 2019! MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:59 pm
by Huskies13!
If you see any discrepancies...can you list them here?

Re: CLASS OF 2019! MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:24 pm
by Rigo
Huskies13! wrote:If you see any discrepancies...can you list them here?

Notable T20 discrepancies other than class sizes usually being one or two lower (because of dropouts) are that Yale's 75%tile is actually 175 instead of them holding 176.
NYU's GPA numbers were rounded apparently so their 25%tile is actually 3.65 instead of 3.7
Cornell's 25%tile is 163 not 164.

Re: CLASS OF 2019! MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:22 pm
by cannibal ox
Give this man access.

Re: CLASS OF 2019! MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:03 pm
by Rigo
Okay all done. I couldn't find Savannah, but who cares.

Re: CLASS OF 2019! MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:05 pm
by Rigo
Feel free to take out the "work in progess" in the OP.
Thanks for getting it started this year dietcoke1. See you all next year!

Re: CLASS OF 2019! MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:42 am
by jbagelboy
splitterfromhell wrote:
monceau wrote:It says GW took 2 transfers from GW. What...?


Maybe like MBA students who decided to do a JD/MBA?


PT -> FT

Re: CLASS OF 2019! MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:04 pm
by dietcoke1
Rigo wrote:Feel free to take out the "work in progess" in the OP.
Thanks for getting it started this year dietcoke1. See you all next year!


thanks Rigo!

Re: CLASS OF 2019! MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:57 pm
by TXguy2016
Anyone want to total up the final rows? I'm interested to see the stats for the T14, Top 50, Top 100, All law schools

Re: CLASS OF 2019! MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:26 pm
by Rigo
TXguy2016 wrote:Anyone want to total up the final rows? I'm interested to see the stats for the T14, Top 50, Top 100, All law schools

Done.

Re: CLASS OF 2019! MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:23 pm
by MikeSpivey
Also, would anyone be interested in adding the selectivity for each school? Not in any other year but this past. It would be pretty interesting I think!

Re: CLASS OF 2019! MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:54 pm
by CanadianDreamer
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this TLS site, so I am not sure if I am posting in the correct location. My apologies, I am still trying to figure everything out. I am from Canada so LSAT/GPA medians posted on Canadian law school's admissions pages are all based on a 4.0 scale (last 60 or 90 credits depending on the school). From my understanding American schools utilize a 4.33 scale (LSAC conversion rules). I am just wondering if the reported GPA medians on American law school's admission pages are based on this 4.33 scale or on the standard 4.0 scale. If anyone could shed some light on this it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: CLASS OF 2019! MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:28 am
by Rigo
CanadianDreamer wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm new to this TLS site, so I am not sure if I am posting in the correct location. My apologies, I am still trying to figure everything out. I am from Canada so LSAT/GPA medians posted on Canadian law school's admissions pages are all based on a 4.0 scale (last 60 or 90 credits depending on the school). From my understanding American schools utilize a 4.33 scale (LSAC conversion rules). I am just wondering if the reported GPA medians on American law school's admission pages are based on this 4.33 scale or on the standard 4.0 scale. If anyone could shed some light on this it would be appreciated.

Thanks

American undergrads all differ in if they award A+'s or not so while not every undergrad is on a 4.33 scale, as you put it, some matriculants report a higher than 4.0GPA. So for law schools they could theoretically have a higher than 4.0 75% or something.

Your GPA won't be weighted any differently in admissions' eyes just because you could not receive over a 4.0.

Re: CLASS OF 2019! MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:45 am
by CanadianDreamer
Rigo wrote:
CanadianDreamer wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm new to this TLS site, so I am not sure if I am posting in the correct location. My apologies, I am still trying to figure everything out. I am from Canada so LSAT/GPA medians posted on Canadian law school's admissions pages are all based on a 4.0 scale (last 60 or 90 credits depending on the school). From my understanding American schools utilize a 4.33 scale (LSAC conversion rules). I am just wondering if the reported GPA medians on American law school's admission pages are based on this 4.33 scale or on the standard 4.0 scale. If anyone could shed some light on this it would be appreciated.

Thanks

American undergrads all differ in if they award A+'s or not so while not every undergrad is on a 4.33 scale, as you put it, some matriculants report a higher than 4.0GPA. So for law schools they could theoretically have a higher than 4.0 75% or something.

Your GPA won't be weighted any differently in admissions' eyes just because you could not receive over a 4.0.


Interesting, thank you. My institution awards A+ grades thankfully. This explains some of the clustering around 50th-75th percentiles reported on the admissions pages. I guess the admission committees are left to speculate if a 3.9/4.0 is better than 4.08/4.33 for example. It is strange that not all US institutions use the same grading schema in UG.

Re: CLASS OF 2019! MEDIANS (LSAT/GPA/CLASS SIZE)

Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:37 am
by MikeSpivey
It is going to be fascinating to see the class of 2020 Medians. There just aren't enough 165 + to go around. So some schools will go down or class sizes will substantially versus revenue.