Some advice please Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
admissiontrhow

New

Some advice please

Post by admissiontrhow » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:48 pm

Hi all, looking for some advice about whether or not I'm ready to apply. I wanted to get into a T6 with $$. Took the LSAT in June and got a 171, GPA is a 3.9 in a stem field. I'm nervous that my work experience looks bad. I graduated in 2014. Since then I've had several experience that I've quit within three months. First was peace corps, then a law firm, I created a chapter of an organization called Represent.Us that is concerned with campaign finance reform that I learned a lot from but it fell apart, I also canvassed. I have a job lined up at the end of August as a financial representative. I'd like to retake the LSAT, but the first thing I have to do upon starting at my new job is spend 7 weeks studying for the series 63 and series 7 exams, so I won't be able to study again for September. Here are my questions.
1.)Would retaking in December and then applying have a negative effect on my application as opposed to applying in the fall?
2.)Does the fact that I've jumped around from job to job so much since graduating mean that what I should really do is wait another year to apply so that I can show that I'm capable of maintaining a job for more then a couple of months?
Thanks!

mukol

Bronze

Re: Some advice please

Post by mukol » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:27 pm

admissiontrhow wrote:Hi all, looking for some advice about whether or not I'm ready to apply. I wanted to get into a T6 with $$. Took the LSAT in June and got a 171, GPA is a 3.9 in a stem field. I'm nervous that my work experience looks bad. I graduated in 2014. Since then I've had several experience that I've quit within three months. First was peace corps, then a law firm, I created a chapter of an organization called Represent.Us that is concerned with campaign finance reform that I learned a lot from but it fell apart, I also canvassed. I have a job lined up at the end of August as a financial representative. I'd like to retake the LSAT, but the first thing I have to do upon starting at my new job is spend 7 weeks studying for the series 63 and series 7 exams, so I won't be able to study again for September. Here are my questions.
1.)Would retaking in December and then applying have a negative effect on my application as opposed to applying in the fall?
2.)Does the fact that I've jumped around from job to job so much since graduating mean that what I should really do is wait another year to apply so that I can show that I'm capable of maintaining a job for more then a couple of months?
Thanks!
Bruh, you say you've got a 3.9 and a 171. Have you peeped mylsn?

KMart

Gold

Re: Some advice please

Post by KMart » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:10 pm

admissiontrhow wrote:1.)Would retaking in December and then applying have a negative effect on my application as opposed to applying in the fall?
Thanks!
1) No, but you probably don't need a retake.
2) No, you're fine.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”