Application Resume?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sparklepickle

New

Application Resume?

Postby sparklepickle » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:42 am

I've never had to put together a resume for academic reasons, so any help would be much appreciated! I've seen multiple posts regarding the matter, but is going over one page ok? I have had lots of different experiences I'd like to include, but don't want to overwhelm admissions by trying to cram.

TasmanianToucan

Silver

Re: Application Resume?

Postby TasmanianToucan » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:03 am

The rule of thumb is one page only.

A resume for academic purposes is just like any other resume, except that education is on top and experience is underneath.

All the standard pieces of advice apply: Use action words, be honest, and for the love of god proofread ten thousand times.

Hildegard15

Gold

Re: Application Resume?

Postby Hildegard15 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:04 pm

sparklepickle wrote:I've never had to put together a resume for academic reasons, so any help would be much appreciated! I've seen multiple posts regarding the matter, but is going over one page ok? I have had lots of different experiences I'd like to include, but don't want to overwhelm admissions by trying to cram.

Going over one page is fine. Like I said in another thread, MS9 wrote a blog post about that very same question. Schools care more that your resume is easy to read. It's essentially the same as your work resume except you can highlight your school activities more and you don't have to worry about exceeding one page.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�