MANY QUESTIONS! URM/REPEAT CLASSES/ETC

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Re: MANY QUESTIONS! URM/REPEAT CLASSES/ETC

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:42 pm

prospectiveT14 wrote:I think a small amount of drugs or the unlikely event of someone shoving a knife up their ass is the least problem jails have

Then fuck you don't know very much about jails, do you?

poptart123

Silver

Postby poptart123 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:42 pm

Mlk&Ckies wrote:
prospectiveT14 wrote:Oh okay it's fine as long as your assailant is treasure diving and his intentions are good! Let's not forget his intentions! You sound like a moron who knows nothing about victimology

Saying intent isn't important will get you far in your criminal law treatise PS

Okay, Comey.

Kali the Annihilator

Platinum

Postby Kali the Annihilator » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:44 pm

I went up to the drive through.

"Double cheeseburger meal with fries," said I.
"Big mac meal with onion rings," came the reply.
My vision blurred. Fighting through my panic I repeated my order in a hushed tone.
"Double whopper with fries," came the reply.
I sobbed, not understanding how the universe could be so cruel to one such as I. Heaving, I cried out my order one last time.
"Six pack and a pound, half and half," they growled.
As my vision faded to black, I knew that this breath was the penultimate. At least I knew this last reply was the last violation.

Mr. Peanutbutter

Diamond

Postby Mr. Peanutbutter » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:45 pm

prospectiveT14 wrote:
Mlk&Ckies wrote:
prospectiveT14 wrote:Oh okay it's fine as long as your assailant is treasure diving and his intentions are good! Let's not forget his intentions! You sound like a moron who knows nothing about victimology

Saying intent isn't important will get you far in your criminal law treatise PS

You're comparing law school applications to getting forcibly searched, just abandon ship dude

Oh I thought we were still talking about your PS.

You should definitely apply. Adcoms deserve good comedy too

LandMermaid

Bronze

Postby LandMermaid » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:47 pm

And you sound like you've never been the victim of an actual rape or legitimate sexual assault. Obviously a cavity search would be an uncomfortable, embarrassing, and highly unpleasant experience, but having a routine check performed is completely different than being sexually assaulted (assuming it was routine). The guard was doing his job, didn't personally target you, and didn't derive sexual pleasure from it. A blanket safety procedure is totally different than a targeted attack.

Nachoo2019

Silver

Postby Nachoo2019 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:50 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
prospectiveT14 wrote:I think a small amount of drugs or the unlikely event of someone shoving a knife up their ass is the least problem jails have

Then fuck you don't know very much about jails, do you?

This is funny because one of the biggest problems in jails is the illegal trading and selling of weapons and drugs....

I'm not wasting my time to dig through these pages but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you didn't spend much time at all in jail and you've never really done any real research. If you want to be an attorney you better start learning to read and research before you speak on topics.

lymenheimer

Gold

Postby lymenheimer » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:50 pm

prospectiveT14 wrote:http://www.ravishly.com/2014/12/11/ultimate-humiliation-what-its-be-prison-strip-searched

You don't look Romanian

TuxedoCats

New

Postby TuxedoCats » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:51 pm

Are you from Florida? It's all starting to make sense now...

poptart123

Silver

Postby poptart123 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:52 pm

lymenheimer wrote:
prospectiveT14 wrote:http://www.ravishly.com/2014/12/11/ultimate-humiliation-what-its-be-prison-strip-searched

You don't look Romanian

Because he's really Cuban, but you wouldn't be able to tell by his accent when he is drunk..
Last edited by poptart123 on Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

prospectiveT14

New

Postby prospectiveT14 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:52 pm

LandMermaid wrote:

And you sound like you've never been the victim of an actual rape or legitimate sexual assault. Obviously a cavity search would be an uncomfortable, embarrassing, and highly unpleasant experience, but having a routine check performed is completely different than being sexually assaulted (assuming it was routine). The guard was doing his job, didn't personally target you, and didn't derive sexual pleasure from it. A blanket safety procedure is totally different than a targeted attack.

No it's not different. The pleasure received from the assailant has nothing to do with how a victim feels in a FORCED situation. The fact that their right is being removed from the situation is what causes that feeling where you feel like you're watching yourself from the outside. You know nothing about whether I've been sexually abused or not, please stop while you're ahead.

Kali the Annihilator

Platinum

Postby Kali the Annihilator » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:52 pm

cawp n gud prsn were tawlking at car
dey were haeving conversatein.

da cawp sed 2 da prsn "drnkn tnight?"

prsn said "YES..."

cawp txtd for wut wuz liek 4ever

prsn was sad

prsn ran away n cryed

prsn triped over a CHAIR.

prsn was ded.

cawp ran over to pik up prsn bodey

he whisperd in prsn ear "if i new txt make you killself, i txt 5ever."

dat meen he txt moar dan 4ever.

xxx~*...COMMENT DIS IF U CRY EVRY TIME...~*xxx

LandMermaid

Bronze

Postby LandMermaid » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:55 pm

... Did you even read this article

Kali the Annihilator

Platinum

Postby Kali the Annihilator » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:56 pm

SBL? Tell me this is SBL

LandMermaid

Bronze

Postby LandMermaid » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:57 pm

prospectiveT14 wrote:
LandMermaid wrote:

No it's not different. The pleasure received from the assailant has nothing to do with how a victim feels in a FORCED situation. The fact that their right is being removed from the situation is what causes that feeling where you feel like you're watching yourself from the outside. You know nothing about whether I've been sexually abused or not, please stop while you're ahead.

I said you SOUND like it. Never said you had or hadn't.

PeanutsNJam

Gold

Postby PeanutsNJam » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:58 pm

Not sure if this has been addressed, but I believe even if you retroactively withdraw, the Ws on your transcript will still be counted as Fs by LSAC. It would be a waste of time.

And who is TuxedoCats lol

LandMermaid

Bronze

Postby LandMermaid » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:59 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:Not sure if this has been addressed, but I believe even if you retroactively withdraw, the Ws on your transcript will still be counted as Fs by LSAC. It would be a waste of time.

Bless u

Nachoo2019

Silver

Postby Nachoo2019 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:00 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:Not sure if this has been addressed, but I believe even if you retroactively withdraw, the Ws on your transcript will still be counted as Fs by LSAC. It would be a waste of time.

Actually no, retroactive withdrawals that result in only a W will count as Ws

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Postby Barack O'Drama » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:00 pm

Caesar Salad wrote:
LandMermaid wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:
LandMermaid wrote:
LandMermaid wrote:
prospectiveT14 wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:
You do know that not all lawyers are criminal DUI defense attorneys? Never said that.Not once You keep referring to clients and defending them and all this shit as if I gave you the slightest inkling that is what I want to do. When, in fact, I couldn't think of a type of law I'd rather less practice than DUI defense law. You don't have to represent DUI clients to represent clients in general. You seem to think that defending yourself is equivalent to "making an excuse."

You're just a nasty bitch who likes to argue with everyone who is trying to help you. You misrepresent people's advice as attacks on you and you are clearly sensitive that you are a 27 year old loser who lives at home with 7 Fs on your transcript. Mature now are we!? You have a very misguided perception of what you think law school and being a lawyer is, and it doesn't involved a persecution complex, arguing with everyone who is trying to help you, and making excuses. Didn't argue with everyone, said thank you various times and "I agree with your point" and "you're right" guess you missed all that in search of your dire need to insult someone.

You had the answers to all you questions before you posted on here. The answers were: I will get a boost, I can have the dean change my grades, UM is a great school, driving drunk is a moral grey area, and statistics don't apply to me. You're the exception!
Never said UM is a great school (for the MILLIONTH time), I was actually asking people more about how they financed it because it's $50k. Never said stats don't apply either - just that they've been proven to be unreliable and that's why I don't decide my future on them

Why do you keep replying to someone who you think is such a low life bitch? Seems like a pretty bad way to waste your time.

So are you skipping work for this or

She never said she was skipping WORK! Can you read? What did you get on the LSAT? Have you ever detonated bombs!?

But, yeah, you actually make a good point. Certainly could be doing better things with my time.

:lol:

Slay this nasty bitch Barack, slayyyy

Hahaha! I am usually so nice... Idk what got into me. I just cannot stand when people make threads to ask for advice and then do this. That wasn't very presidential of me, though. :lol:
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lymenheimer

Gold

Postby lymenheimer » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:00 pm

LandMermaid wrote:
prospectiveT14 wrote:
LandMermaid wrote:

I said you SOUND like it. Never said you had or hadn't.

Yea, well she hasn't taken the LSAT yet so her RC score isn't clear.

TuxedoCats

New

Postby TuxedoCats » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:01 pm

I'm new here.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:01 pm

prospectiveT14 wrote:
LandMermaid wrote:

People accused of crimes give up certain rights. You can feel however you felt - again, I'm sure it sucked - but some things just suck. That doesn't make it sexual assault (and the article doesn't call it sexual assault).

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:02 pm

Kali the Annihilator wrote:SBL? Tell me this is SBL

He wouldn't be able to stay in character this long.

pancakes3

Platinum

Postby pancakes3 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:19 pm

i love how someone who posts with such ENEMIES OF THE GATE tendancies is arguing from such a privileged vantage.

Kali the Annihilator

Platinum

Postby Kali the Annihilator » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:19 pm

prospectiveT14 wrote:Someone's self perception of how they view themselves

This is fucking poetry. Seriously, whoever did this feel free to PM me because it's quality shit.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum?