MANY QUESTIONS! URM/REPEAT CLASSES/ETC

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Nebby

Diamond

Re: MANY QUESTIONS! URM/REPEAT CLASSES/ETC

Postby Nebby » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:32 pm

This is a flame

Nebby

Diamond

Postby Nebby » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:33 pm

Only SBL would besmirch the good romani people with this charade

prospectiveT14

New

Postby prospectiveT14 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:38 pm

Nachoo2019 wrote:
lymenheimer wrote:
prospectiveT14 wrote:drinking and driving is not a big deal.

Wow. That's a pretty extreme position to hold.

Yeah, wtf. Since when is endangering everyone's lives around you not a big deal?

This thread is gold lol

It's a manipulated post. I didn't say that. Look at the original.

pancakes3

Platinum

Postby pancakes3 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:01 pm

hey girl. you single?

prospectiveT14

New

Postby prospectiveT14 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:06 pm

pancakes3 wrote:hey girl. you single?

No

lymenheimer

Gold

Postby lymenheimer » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:07 pm

prospectiveT14 wrote:

No

Careful how you proceed, Pancakes. She was arrested for DUI, so basically raped, and you might trigger her PTSD.

prospectiveT14

New

Postby prospectiveT14 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:16 pm

lymenheimer wrote:
prospectiveT14 wrote:

No

Careful how you proceed, Pancakes. She was arrested for DUI, so basically raped, and you might trigger her PTSD.

Do you realize how instigative and ridiculous you sound? You act like arrest doesn't traumatize people. Look up post arrest psychology then come join the adult table

pancakes3

Platinum

Postby pancakes3 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:17 pm

good ones are always taken.

lymenheimer

Gold

Postby lymenheimer » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:18 pm

prospectiveT14 wrote:
lymenheimer wrote:
prospectiveT14 wrote:
No

Do you realize how instigative and ridiculous you sound? You act like arrest doesn't traumatize people. Look up post arrest psychology then come join the adult table

What is your reading comprehension level? What did you get on the LSAT? You clearly can't comprehend what I am saying, so improve your RC score and then come and talk to me.

prospectiveT14

New

Postby prospectiveT14 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:20 pm

Tell me how being forced to spread your checks for strangers isn't likened to sexual assault? That's what they make you do in jail to search you. Maybe you ought to try it out and tell me how you feel afterwards

prospectiveT14

New

Postby prospectiveT14 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:20 pm

lymenheimer wrote:
prospectiveT14 wrote:
lymenheimer wrote:
prospectiveT14 wrote:
No

What is your reading comprehension level? What did you get on the LSAT? You clearly can't comprehend what I am saying, so improve your RC score and then come and talk to me.

Nah you just sound like you're looking for 4chan

TuxedoCats

New

Postby TuxedoCats » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:21 pm

Are you saying that every person who has ever been arrested and searched has been sexually assaulted? Or just you?

prospectiveT14

New

Postby prospectiveT14 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:26 pm

Well I guess if for some bizarre reason you enjoy being forced then no, but it is dehumanizing and a form of assault to force someone to disrobe and expose.

Kali the Annihilator

Platinum

Postby Kali the Annihilator » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:28 pm

prospectiveT14 wrote:Thanks, Tuxedo. That's really helpful advice. How no idea about the lawyer assistance thing, who knew there were lawyers for potential lawyers, so to speak.

Being in jail really opens your eyes to how people are treated and yelled at, made me understand the prosecution experience firsthand, so hopefully that will show when I help clients in the future. Even had to deal with very rude, cheap lawyers who wanted me to just take the plea the first day. Don't want to be that person who ever pressures someone else to make a life decision in 24 hours. Even had a public defender who was overworked and it showed she had compassion fatigue when trying to handle my case.

It was so much learning firsthand, but if I could swap places with my former self before the incident I still would.

THE HORROR

ugg

Diamond

Postby ugg » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:28 pm

holy shit

Kali the Annihilator

Platinum

Postby Kali the Annihilator » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:30 pm

prospectiveT14 wrote:Tell me how being forced to spread your checks for strangers isn't likened to sexual assault? That's what they make you do in jail to search you. Maybe you ought to try it out and tell me how you feel afterwards

It isn't likened to sexual assault because it serves the purpose of preventing contraband from being smuggled into a secure facility and not the purpose of providing sexual gratification to the person conducting it you fucking retard.

ugg

Diamond

Postby ugg » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:33 pm

please don't go to law school

Caesar Salad

Diamond

Postby Caesar Salad » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:35 pm

LandMermaid wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:
LandMermaid wrote:
LandMermaid wrote:
prospectiveT14 wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:
You do know that not all lawyers are criminal DUI defense attorneys? Never said that.Not once You keep referring to clients and defending them and all this shit as if I gave you the slightest inkling that is what I want to do. When, in fact, I couldn't think of a type of law I'd rather less practice than DUI defense law. You don't have to represent DUI clients to represent clients in general. You seem to think that defending yourself is equivalent to "making an excuse."

You're just a nasty bitch who likes to argue with everyone who is trying to help you. You misrepresent people's advice as attacks on you and you are clearly sensitive that you are a 27 year old loser who lives at home with 7 Fs on your transcript. Mature now are we!? You have a very misguided perception of what you think law school and being a lawyer is, and it doesn't involved a persecution complex, arguing with everyone who is trying to help you, and making excuses. Didn't argue with everyone, said thank you various times and "I agree with your point" and "you're right" guess you missed all that in search of your dire need to insult someone.

You had the answers to all you questions before you posted on here. The answers were: I will get a boost, I can have the dean change my grades, UM is a great school, driving drunk is a moral grey area, and statistics don't apply to me. You're the exception!
Never said UM is a great school (for the MILLIONTH time), I was actually asking people more about how they financed it because it's $50k. Never said stats don't apply either - just that they've been proven to be unreliable and that's why I don't decide my future on them

Why do you keep replying to someone who you think is such a low life bitch? Seems like a pretty bad way to waste your time.

So are you skipping work for this or

She never said she was skipping WORK! Can you read? What did you get on the LSAT? Have you ever detonated bombs!?

But, yeah, you actually make a good point. Certainly could be doing better things with my time.

:lol:

Slay this nasty bitch Barack, slayyyy

prospectiveT14

New

Postby prospectiveT14 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:35 pm

Oh okay it's fine as long as your assailant is treasure diving and his intentions are good! Let's not forget his intentions! You sound like a moron who knows nothing about victimology

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:38 pm

prospectiveT14 wrote:Oh okay it's fine as long as your assailant is treasure diving and his intentions are good! Let's not forget his intentions! You sound like a moron who knows nothing about victimology

So what happens if someone has drugs or a weapon and brings those into the prison and stabs someone else or ODs? Totally good?

Again, I get that the experience was unpleasant and possibly traumatizing. That is probably the least of my concerns about criminal justice reform though. How else are you going to address security concerns? Are you saying no one should be strip searched, or just not you?

Mr. Peanutbutter

Diamond

Postby Mr. Peanutbutter » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:39 pm

prospectiveT14 wrote:Oh okay it's fine as long as your assailant is treasure diving and his intentions are good! Let's not forget his intentions! You sound like a moron who knows nothing about victimology

Saying intent isn't important will get you far in your criminal law treatise PS

Kali the Annihilator

Platinum

Postby Kali the Annihilator » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:39 pm

prospectiveT14 wrote:unpleasant? it was traumatic. I'm in trauma therapy. You have no idea what it's like to go to jail, to be pushed around. To be told you WILL take a mugshot or you do not get to come out of this isolated cell. You don't get to use the bathroom, or eat until you do that. You are treated like garbage. Subhuman. You are asked to strip and expose your inner body parts to prove to not one but TWO sets of people (different areas of the jail you get moved to) that you don't have anything inside your crevaces! You don't get told when you can get out or when you are allowed to make a phone call, you have no idea when your bond will post and you can't ask because you get yelled at by the guards. To quote the stanford rape victim "You do not know me but you have been inside of me"

And that's what it feels like, day in, day out. The memory of someone violating you fading in all the time, reminding me you of a mistake you can't escape.

Yeah, ok. I fucked up. I call this one a troll. This is the line that jumped the shark.

prospectiveT14

New

Postby prospectiveT14 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:40 pm

I think a small amount of drugs or the unlikely event of someone shoving a knife up their ass is the least problem jails have

Caesar Salad

Diamond

Postby Caesar Salad » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:41 pm

prospectiveT14 wrote:I think a small amount of drugs or the unlikely event of someone shoving a knife up their ass is the least problem jails have

The concern is that they shove the knife up someone else's ass, hth

prospectiveT14

New

Postby prospectiveT14 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:41 pm

Mlk&Ckies wrote:

Saying intent isn't important will get you far in your criminal law treatise PS

You're comparing law school applications to getting forcibly searched, just abandon ship dude

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum?