When to submit applications?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Ferrisjso

Gold

When to submit applications?

Postby Ferrisjso » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:03 am

I am applying to law school this cycle with a 3.51 GPA/156 LSAT. I am also retaking the LSAT in September. I'm under the impression that sending out applications as early as possible increases your chances of scholarship money. If I were to send out my applications in early September, would schools be able to see my third LSAT score? Likewise if I waited until late October(September LSAT scores are due to be released on October 24th, probably a few days earlier) to send out my applications, would this put me in a worse position to receive money from my schools? I'm pretty sure my LSAT will go up as during my last try the proctoring was horrible(they took like almost two hours to start the test) and I had to go to bathroom really bad for the first half of the test. What do you guys think is the best way forward?

cavalier1138

Gold

Re: When to submit applications?

Postby cavalier1138 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:16 am

There isn't going to be an appreciable difference between apps submitted in September vs. October. The fall break (usually around Thanksgiving) is the real marker between an early app and a late one. So I'd wait on your retake score to submit.

Sean_33

New

Postby Sean_33 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:00 pm

I'm interested to hear more opinions about this as well. I'm in the same position.

Will the schools wait to render a decision until they see the September LSAT score? I'm assuming you can note that you're planning to take the September exam.

cavalier1138

Gold

Postby cavalier1138 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:13 pm

Sean_33 wrote:I'm interested to hear more opinions about this as well. I'm in the same position.

Will the schools wait to render a decision until they see the September LSAT score? I'm assuming you can note that you're planning to take the September exam.

I don't recall seeing any place to note that you're taking a future exam (if you already have a score... I think you can note that if you don't have one). I'd assume that they will not wait, so your best option is to get everything in order. That way, you can just plug in your score and hit submit as soon as it comes in. But submitting before the score's in means that there's a chance (albeit, a slim one) that your application will be reviewed before your September score is released.
Last edited by cavalier1138 on Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:13 pm

Wait until you get your September score, it will still be early on in the cycle.

pittsburghpirates

Silver

Postby pittsburghpirates » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:57 pm

TheMikey wrote:Wait until you get your September score, it will still be early on in the cycle.

PDX4343

Silver

Postby PDX4343 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:04 pm

Echoing what others have already said, but I think in your case you definitely want to wait to get your September score back. It'll still be early enough in the cycle, and you have the potential to have a much better cycle depending on how much you can improve that 156.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�