Waive Right to Read LOR

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
20171lhopeful

Bronze

Waive Right to Read LOR

Postby 20171lhopeful » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:12 pm

Can someone explain the waiving of rights to read the LOR? Are there any loopholes? For instance, what if I don't ask to read it but my recommenders offer to show me. Is it still against the rules if I've waived my right? I have faith that my recommenders will write strong letters, but I want to ensure the content touches on different aspects of my candidacy.

pittsburghpirates

Silver

Re: Waive Right to Read LOR

Postby pittsburghpirates » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:26 pm

20171lhopeful wrote:Can someone explain the waiving of rights to read the LOR? Are there any loopholes? For instance, what if I don't ask to read it but my recommenders offer to show me. Is it still against the rules if I've waived my right? I have faith that my recommenders will write strong letters, but I want to ensure the content touches on different aspects of my candidacy.

Waiving the right to see your LOR only pertains to schools or LSAC showing you your recommendations. If your recommenders show you them, no harm no foul as far as I understand.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:16 pm

Just like the above poster said, LSAC can't show it to you. If your recommenders do show it to you, then that's between you and them. But you should trust that they will give you a strong LOR if you're choosing them to do it, which is why you waive your rights to give them respectable credibility.

Nachoo2019

Silver

Postby Nachoo2019 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:27 pm

I waived my right through LSAC because my recommenders wanted me to see them and make sure I liked them before they sent to LSAC. I knew my recommenders well so it didn't matter to me that LSAC or the schools couldn't show me

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�