How do I begin application process after June 16 LSAT?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
HaveMercy

New

How do I begin application process after June 16 LSAT?

Postby HaveMercy » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:00 pm

Last edited by HaveMercy on Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

mukol

Bronze

Re: How do I begin application process after June 16 LSAT?

Postby mukol » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:02 pm

You can do all of that stuff right now. Email or call professors. Send transcripts however your school sends them. Start writing a personal statement now. The end.

And wasn't the LSAT the 6th? Whatever. If anyone actually needs to know when they can start getting shit together, it's now.

cavalier1138

Gold

Postby cavalier1138 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:06 pm

Unless you're a K-JD (in which case, make sure your transcript is finalized before you get started on that part of the process), there's no need to wait on getting your materials in order. You definitely want to ask for LORs as early as possible, because those tend to take the longest time. And you won't be sending your transcripts directly to each school; you just have them sent to LSAC. There's no reason to not get that done early unless, as mentioned, your transcript isn't finalized yet. If you're still in undergrad, then ignore that advice and just get it in. You can start writing your personal statement whenever. If you're the type of writer who likes to write a lot of drafts, then starting now isn't a bad idea.

All that said, you won't be able to even officially start on individual apps until September, so there's no rush. The main thing I'd recommend moving early on is the LORs, because again, those can take a longer time.

HaveMercy

New

Postby HaveMercy » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:13 pm

Last edited by HaveMercy on Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

lymenheimer

Gold

Postby lymenheimer » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:16 pm

HaveMercy wrote:Hey thanks for this. Yeah, I am still in UG and if I decide not to retake (which I'm leaning towards), I literally want to apply immediately once apps come out. I'll definitely start working on my personal statement this summer, but I honestly am kinda clueless about everything else. Like besides personal statement, LOR, and transcripts (which I can't really do anything about), what would you recommend I could do to be prepared?

Go onto LSAC and work through an application for a school. You don't have to submit it, but you can see the elements and even fill out most of the info (which will then be auto-filled for most sections), if you are that concerned about it.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�