A 0.01 Increase in GPA?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
xxxzzz1

New

A 0.01 Increase in GPA?

Postby xxxzzz1 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:26 am

Do you think it is worth it to take summer session classes so that my GPA can increase from 3.85 to 3.86 or 3.87? I'm applying this fall.

WinterComing

Silver

Re: A 0.01 Increase in GPA?

Postby WinterComing » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:27 am

No.

Goldchain

New

Postby Goldchain » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:29 am

What schools are you interested in? If your LSAT is median and this would put your lsac gpa over the 75ths it may not be the worst idea.

pterodactyls

Silver

Postby pterodactyls » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:41 pm

If your goal is Harvard or UVA then maybe. That would take you from below median to at/above median.

But unless it's going to put you into a new quartile for one of your top choice schools I wouldn't worry about it.

heythatslife

Silver

Postby heythatslife » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:46 pm

pterodactyls wrote:If your goal is Harvard or UVA then maybe. That would take you from below median to at/above median.

But unless it's going to put you into a new quartile for one of your top choice schools I wouldn't worry about it.

No, not even for HYS. And you'd be dropping a couple of grands for those credits, right? That time is probably better spent polishimg your PS and making sure your apps are in order, or even better, retaking if your LSAT still has room for improvement.

34iplaw

Gold

Postby 34iplaw » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:01 pm

heythatslife wrote:
pterodactyls wrote:If your goal is Harvard or UVA then maybe. That would take you from below median to at/above median.

No, not even for HYS. And you'd be dropping a couple of grands for those credits, right? That time is probably better spent polishimg your PS and making sure your apps are in order, or even better, retaking if your LSAT still has room for improvement.

That's what people say...

You're riding high in April... shot down in May...

xxxzzz1

New

Postby xxxzzz1 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:23 pm

heythatslife wrote:

Thank you for the response. My fall semester grades will come out in mid December. Will they count toward my UGPA?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�