ED advice

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
181plz

Bronze

ED advice

Postby 181plz » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:28 am

Hi everyone. I have roughly a 3.2 GPA, graduating in December and GPA should rise slightly by then (I am also taking two courses this summer which I should get A's in).

I was consistently scoring 175+ on practice LSATs prior to June 6th, when I took the real thing. If I did indeed score 175+, where do you all recommend I send my early decision application to? I would really like to go to Michigan.

Thanks for any assistance you may be able to offer.

Dcc617

Gold

Re: ED advice

Postby Dcc617 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:37 am

181plz wrote:Hi everyone. I have roughly a 3.2 GPA, graduating in December and GPA should rise slightly by then (I am also taking two courses this summer which I should get A's in).

I was consistently scoring 175+ on practice LSATs prior to June 6th, when I took the real thing. If I did indeed score 175+, where do you all recommend I send my early decision application to? I would really like to go to Michigan.

Thanks for any assistance you may be able to offer.

If you actually get a 175 don't ED anywhere. People get decent money throughout the T14 with your numbers. Check out mylsn.info for an idea of what you're looking at.

AntsInMyEyesJohnson

New

Postby AntsInMyEyesJohnson » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:39 am

ED applicants essentially waive their ability to negotiate scholarship, since you are basically committing to the school, if accepted, by applying ED. This means that, barring weird circumstances, you'd be paying full price at Michigan. If you score over 175, or even over 170, there's really no reason to apply ED, especially to Michigan.

My guess is that everyone here will tell you to apply to the whole t-14 and then negotiate some scholarship $$. Without checking mylsn or anything, I'd say a 3.2 and 170+ LSAT score would have at least a decent shot at Mich RD with $$.

However, if you absolutely must ED, then do Northwestern's ED program, which comes with a $150,000 scholarship.

181plz

Bronze

Postby 181plz » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:58 am

Thanks for the responses. A correction to my initial statement: When factoring in my grades from the institution I transferred from, my GPA comes to a 3.32. I do have 2 W's on my transcript though, if that's relevant.

AntsInMyEyesJohnson

New

Postby AntsInMyEyesJohnson » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:59 am

181plz wrote:Thanks for the responses. A correction to my initial statement: When factoring in my grades from the institution I transferred from, my GPA comes to a 3.32. I do have 2 W's on my transcript though, if that's relevant.

None of that is relevant to any of the points that we brought up.

Edit: I didn't mean for that to come off as snarky.

landshoes

Silver

Postby landshoes » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:07 am

Come back when you get your score.

For now, focus on securing good letters of recommendation. Start drafting a personal statement. Update and polish your resume.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�