Sensitive GPA addendum question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
holymolyoly

New

Sensitive GPA addendum question

Post by holymolyoly » Thu May 12, 2016 10:08 pm

[deleted]
Last edited by holymolyoly on Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Archer

Bronze

Re: Sensitive GPA addendum question *TW*

Post by Mr. Archer » Thu May 12, 2016 10:45 pm

It's not an inappropriate post, and I'm sorry about the rough situation. I don't think you sound like you're just looking for sympathy or a mental health risk. This was a serious situation and not something you could control. This is not the same as someone who made bad grades for no good reason but then improved over time. Not that you should be defined by what happened, but this could really be a personal statement about not letting something awful keep you from succeeding. If you keep it as an addendum, you could probably just give a slightly longer explanation of what you have here. Maybe just look at examples of how others explained an initially low GPA and follow that general structure. Best of luck.

blsingindisguise

Silver

Re: Sensitive GPA addendum question *TW*

Post by blsingindisguise » Fri May 13, 2016 1:02 am

Sorry for what happened to you, that must have been terrible.

I don't think you will come off as seeking sympathy/an edge as long as you are straightforward and don't resort to overly dramatic language, and I don't think you'll come off as a mental health risk, because that just doesn't sound like the kind of thing that would normally be considered a mental health risk several years later (more likely something like bipolar or schizophrenia).

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”