Additional Essay for Waitlist File Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Depressed Gooner

New

Additional Essay for Waitlist File

Post by Depressed Gooner » Mon May 09, 2016 11:39 pm

Hey everyone! I got waitlisted from my top choice recently and they sent out the mass email to their waitlisted applicants that they are starting to review files and you can add additional material if you want to, and my top choice said you can add a topic-free essay. I already sent in my LOCI a few weeks back, as well as a LSAT addendum, diversity statement, and "why ____" essay with my original application. Do you think adding another essay would be overkill? If not, what would be a good topic to add? I was a decently successful NCAA athlete with my accolades, would writing about my responsibility and dedication towards my sport be a good option? Any other suggestions would be great!

Thanks! :D

Kratos

Platinum

Re: Additional Essay for Waitlist File

Post by Kratos » Tue May 10, 2016 12:48 am

nah

personofinterest

Bronze

Post by personofinterest » Tue May 10, 2016 1:05 am

Writing an essay can't hurt, and it might help break a tie. I say go ahead and write something. Writing about being a student-athlete sounds like a great option. Again, it won't make a YUGE difference, but it could help a little and it definitely won't hurt you unless it's riddled with spelling/grammar errors. good luck!

somethingElse

Gold

Post by somethingElse » Tue May 10, 2016 3:10 pm

If they already know you're an athlete, don't mention it again. Maybe in like a week or so send them an EXTREMELY brief email stating that you are still very interested in the school and that you would attend if admitted. That is basically all it needs to say.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”