Peace Corps? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
barista

New

Peace Corps?

Post by barista » Sat May 07, 2016 9:15 am

Hey guys, I have a quick question about the Peace Corps and law school. I am graduating in a few days from undergrad, and I'm considering applying to the Peace Corps. That equates to roughly a three year commitment overall.

My question is: how much does Peace Corps experience affect law school applications? Will it provide a boost in my application? I know that it looks great on a resume, but I'm really trying to weigh whether or not its worth the three year time commitment.

Absolutely any help is appreciated!

stretchedtoothin

Bronze

Re: Peace Corps?

Post by stretchedtoothin » Sat May 07, 2016 9:34 am

I would do Peace Corps if you want to do it, but I wouldn't spend three years for the sole purpose of getting a boost that could've been attained via getting two extra months of studying/1-2 extra points on the LSAt

foxes

Bronze

Post by foxes » Sat May 07, 2016 9:43 am

stretchedtoothin wrote:I would do Peace Corps if you want to do it, but I wouldn't spend three years for the sole purpose of getting a boost that could've been attained via getting two extra months of studying/1-2 extra points on the LSAt
This. Peace corps is not an unusual soft. I know many ppl in law school who did it (at hys). If you're not committed to doing the peace corps and just want to pad your resume, you'll be miserable the whole time, trust me. It's grueling.

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Sun May 08, 2016 2:16 am

foxes wrote:
stretchedtoothin wrote:I would do Peace Corps if you want to do it, but I wouldn't spend three years for the sole purpose of getting a boost that could've been attained via getting two extra months of studying/1-2 extra points on the LSAt
This. Peace corps is not an unusual soft. I know many ppl in law school who did it (at hys). If you're not committed to doing the peace corps and just want to pad your resume, you'll be miserable the whole time, trust me. It's grueling.
this

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”