Sophomore undergrad interested in UCLA Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
gkerr96

New

Sophomore undergrad interested in UCLA

Post by gkerr96 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:16 pm

I go to a small private school in New York but I do have a California residence. I'm very interested in law school specifically UCLA but I'm not opposed to any other law programs. My concern is my GPA. My Freshmen year I had a 2.6 and this past semester I had a 2.8. I just received my mid term report and currently my GPA for this semester stands at a 3.6. I know I have awhile to start considering law school but my question if I am able to keep my GPA above 3.5 for the reminder of my undergrad and say I kill the LSAT is it possible for me to get into UCLA or any of the T14 schools?

fliptrip

Gold

Re: Sophomore undergrad interested in UCLA

Post by fliptrip » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:39 pm

Sure, anything is possible. Your #1 focus right now is to tend to your GPA, because that's the one thing in your applicant profile that you will not be able to actively improve when it comes time to apply.

Basically, it's time for you to leave the B's behind...you gotta start pumping out A's from here on out to have the a good shot at the top schools.

gkerr96

New

Post by gkerr96 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:51 pm

Thank you it's a relief to hear that!

Abraham Lincoln Uni.

Bronze

Post by Abraham Lincoln Uni. » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:03 pm

Yes, it is still possible. Law school admission committees review an application as a whole, which means your GPA, LSAT scores, extracurricular activities, personal statement, letters of recommendation, and supplemental application. Generally, GPA and LSAT scores tend to have heavier weight in terms of reviewing an application.

As of now, work on improving your GPA and see if UCLA offers any orientation or pre-law events for you to attend, if that is something of interest to you. This would be a good indicator if that school is a right fit for you and you may be able to meet with some professors or an admission counselor who can give you more information specifically regarding that school.

You can also look at that school’s previous enrollment statistics and see where you fall in that category.

still

Bronze

Post by still » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:58 pm

im a 1L at ucla.
i also had a sub-3.0 UG gpa

that being said, don't settle. kill your lsat and the rest of your classes

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”