Inactive Extracurricular Clubs??? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
AlexandraHope

Bronze

Inactive Extracurricular Clubs???

Post by AlexandraHope » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:24 am

How should I handle inactive extracurriculars ? I'm in this club at school that never really meets.....I don't want to seem dishonest on my application since it is listed on my resume and I am on the website's roster for the club. Technically I am not a member anymore (Did not pay dues). Should I still list it under activities?

sjp200

Bronze

Re: Inactive Extracurricular Clubs???

Post by sjp200 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:27 am

AlexandraHope wrote:How should I handle inactive extracurriculars ? I'm in this club at school that never really meets.....I don't want to seem dishonest on my application since it is listed on my resume and I am on the website's roster for the club. Technically I am not a member anymore (Did not pay dues). Should I still list it under activities?
No. And take it off your resume...put things that matter to you on there and things you can talk about honestly without bullsh****ng

deant286

Bronze

Post by deant286 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:20 pm

The above answer is correct, but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter either way. Adcoms don't care about anything besides your GPA, LSAT, whether you're URM or not, and out of this world unique softs.

You can leave the activity off entirely or you can fabricate some grand story about how involved you were and how much you accomplished and either way you're going to get the same result.

pterodactyls

Silver

Post by pterodactyls » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:32 pm

Why would it be on your resume in the first place if it doesn't meet? You should only list clubs/activities on your resume if you're active in them (except in the case of honor societies, which are meant to be more of an award than an active organization).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”